028. SURPRISE LEADS

Chapter twenty eight
"Surprise leads."

It was time to gear up for sectionals, as they all were working on moving past Kurt being there, as Caroline was looking at her chipped nail polish as Mr Schuester walked in, Rachel stood up "Mr Schuester, I have an announcement. I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at sectionals." she shared, as Mr Schuester turned to her "me first. Two things. First our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. And if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't, dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Britney and Mike Changs sweet moves in our performance." he shared.

"Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked "you're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel." Mr Schuester told her "finally. So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes asked "I as thinking that Caroline and Sam would take the leads." Mr Schuester told them, which made Quinn freeze as Sam looked at him with wide eyes, Caroline quickly snapped her head up "what?" she asked as Rachel scoffed "Baby and Ken? Wait, are you trying to throw this?" she asked as Finn furrowed his brows "wait, are you calling her. baby cause she was with Jesse? like in dirty dancing? I only am saying that cause Caroline used to watch that movie all the time. And now when you mention it, it seems kind of ironic..." he was saying.

As Caroline looked over at him "would you shut up!" she voiced as Mr Schuester began talking "okay, listen I have talked the talk about everyone here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly I haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have got a lot of talent in here, and I'm gonna highlight." he told them, as Finn spoke up "look, I'm all for pumping up the team making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game." he shared "easy to say when you're the star quarterback." Tina mentioned "this isn't just about me. This is about the team." Finn shared "you are such a hypocrite." Santana told him as Rachel scoffed "like you even know what that means." she told her.

"It means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit." Santana told her as Rachel stood up "you know, ever since the wedding, you've been up my butt, and I'm sick of it." she told her "come on, Rachel. She's not worth it." Finn told her as Santana looked at him "oh, really? Cause that's not what you thought last year in that motel room." she told him as Rachel's eyes went wide, Santana looked to her "that's right, yentl. Your sweetheart, he's been lying to you. Because he and I totally got it on last year." she told her "okay, enough already!" Mr Schuester voiced as he turned back to them all "no more conversation about this, or anything. This is our plan for sectionals and that is that. Mike, Britney, come on up, let's start choreographing." he told them, as Britney and Mike stood up and walked down to the floor.

After, Caroline was standing at her locker, grabbing her books for her next class but as she did, someone then slammed her locker shut, making Caroline jump and when she looked at who it was Quinn was standing there "I don't have to sing with him. I'll go tell Mr Schuester, right now." she told her, walking away but as she did, Quinn grabbed her arm and when Caroline turned back to facing her, she closed her eyes, waiting to be thrown into a locker but when she felt no movement she opened one eye "you're not throwing?" she questioned as Quinn looked at her blankly, Caroline opened bother eyes "why aren't you throwing me?" she asked her.

As Quinn sighed "I may be dating, Sam. But I no better than anyone after seeing you perform that you are our best chance in winning. So, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not upset especially cause I know you wouldn't do the same thing to me that I did to Finn or that Rachel did to you. Cause your better then us." she told her, stepping out from in front of her and walking away, but then she stopped "but for the record.." she told her, as Caroline turned around and looked at her "I do love him." she told her as Caroline smiled "I know." she told her, as Quinn smiled back at her and turned walking off.