070. GREASE TRYOUTS

Chapter seventy
"Grease tryouts."

It was time for the school musical, and this year, Caroline knew she wanted to lead in it especially since this year Rachel wasn't one of her competitors, and finding out it was grease, she knew exactly who was gonna tryout for and what song she was gonna sing, not wanting her breakup to keep her from being who she was, which was why she was on the auditorium stage now, singing to Artie and Finn for her audition for Sandy.

"Guess mine is not the first heart broken

My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know
There's just no getting over you

I know I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But baby, can't you see there's nothing else for me to do?
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm out of my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

My head is sayin', "Fool, forget him"
My heart is sayin', "Don't let go
Hold on to the end", that's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's no way to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm outta my head
Hopelessly devoted to you
Hopelessly devoted to you."

And when she finished, Artie and Finn clapped "Caroline, you as always are amazing. And if I'm being honest not to rain on anybody else's Sandy parade but you are literally Sandra Dee, I mean you dated the bad boy, got broken up by the bad boy, went back to the bad boy. Plus you've even gone through the Sandra Dee to Sandy transformation. You know you are and have always been our Sandy, but just for audition purposes, you'll find out when the list come's out if you've really gotten it or not." Artie shared "thank you." Caroline told them, smiling as she turned walking off the stage.

The next day, Caroline was standing at her locker putting her books away, not noting the boy walking up to her "hi, I'm Ryder Lynn." Ryder said as Caroline turned her head and noticed him "ah, so you must be football star I hear everyone talking about in the halls who has the amazing end zone dances." she shared "and your show choir star Caroline Hudson, your brother told me you were probably gonna play Sandy in the school play. And I thought if we were gonna be working together, I should say hi." Ryder told her, as neither of the two noticed Jake down the hall watching them "and what part might you be playing?" Caroline asked him, intrigued as she closed her locker.

"I think they want me to play Danny." Ryder told her and when he did, Caroline hummed "of course and if my brother is giving you props then I'm sure you must've wowed him although if I'm being honest anybody who could dance and sing at the same time, wow's my brother." she shared, laughing as Ryder joined joined her.

Until they were interrupted "hey, Ryder. Hey, Carrie." Kitty said, and when Caroline heard Carrie instead of her real name, she turned to face her "wow, how original it's not like I've heard that one a thousand times before." she shared "you should've because all of us girls on the cheerios have seen that video of you getting pigs blood dumped on your head." Kitty shared, in which Caroline glared at her.