036. PAY FOR NATIONALS

Chapter thirty six
"Pay for nationals."

And it seems even after they won Regionals, nobody in this school cared still as they all were sitting in the choir room, Mr Schuester wrote math on the board "all right, we need five thousand dollar's to pay for our trip to nationals in New York." he shared "what happened to the money we got from the cheerios?" Quinn asked "uh, I guess Sue was hiding it in offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands. And we're having some trouble accessing some of it. Any of it." Mr Schuester shared as he then grabbed something out of a box on the piano "this is saltwater taffy." he told them.

"Ugh. I love salt water." Britney said "when I was a student here, we paid for our entire trip to nationals selling this." Mr Schuester shared, throwing it at them "classroom to classroom, door to door. We pushed this stuff like crack. And so will we." he told them, as he then walked over to the white board "so, to make five thousand dollars at twenty five cents a piece, we need to sell twenty thousand pieces of taffy." he shared "wait. Do you honestly think we can sell twenty thousand anything's? I mean we won regionals for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the planet and me and Caroline still got a freakig cherry icee facial." Santana shared.

As Caroline thought back to how she was standing at her locker talking to Sam and when she closed her locker, Kurofsky came walking up and threw it in her face, Caroline's jaw dropping as Sam's eyes went wide.

"He deemed a it a reminder that I was a loser." Caroline told them all "yeah, Caroline and Santana are right. Nobody cares about us." Quinn shared "I can't listen to this." Mike told them, grabbing his backpack and standing up, going to walk out "Mike, you okay?" Mr Schuester asked him "no." Mike told him, as he stopped and turned, looking at them all "you guys complain all the time about being mistreated, but you have no idea what it's like to work your butt off for something and have everyone, even your friends, ignore you." he shared, as Artie, Britney and Tina went over to him "Artie, Tina, Britney and I are on the brainiacs." he told them "isn't that the academic decathlon team?" Rachel asked.

"We have one of those?" Finn asked, eating the salt water taffy "yes, we do. The four of us went on the smarty pants show and beat Carmel high to go to the academic decathlon finals in Detroit next week." Artie shared "wait, you guys were on tv? Well, why didn't you tell us?" Sam asked "we did." they all told them, as Caroline furrowed her brows "I feel like I'd remember that.." she told them "I know right." Mercedes told her, being just as confused "wait, I get the three of you being on the team." Mr Schuester told them as Puck interrupted him "is it because two of them are asian and Artie wears glasses?" he asked "no." Mr Schuester told him as he looked back at the four of them "but Britney?" he asked.

"Liz Schneider was our fourth, but she got rubella." Mike shared "her parents are hippies who don't believe in vaccinations." Tina shared "Britney was the only person we could find on short notice, we bribed her with dots. That Sunshine Corazon that Rachel sent to a crack house was on the other team." Artie shared and hone he did, Sam turned and looked at Caroline "what?" he asked her as Caroline nodded "he's not joking." she told him "luckily, we had our own secret weapon. Sadly, we can't afford to go the finals, so, we're gonna have to forfeit." Artie told them all "why don't you just have your parents pay for it?" Rachel asked "because we shouldn't have to. We're a school club. The school should pay for it, it's a matter of pride." Tina shared.

"You guys are absolutely right. How much do you need to make the trip?" Mr Schuester asked "with gas and motels, if we only ate Funyuns, uh, two hundred and fifty dollars." Tina shared as Mr Schuester grabbed the white board marker and turned around "which means...we just need to sell..more taffy." he told them "we'd be better off getting people to pay to throw slushes in our faces." Caroline shared, as everyone nodded in agreement.