090. THE QUARTERBACK

Chapter ninety

"The quarterback."

That night, Caroline rememberers hearing the knock at the front door as she was coming down the stairs "I'll get it!" she called to her mom and dad as she quickly hopped down the stairs, someone knocked again, as she took a few skips to get there faster, opening the door, she was met with police on the other side as her eyes went wide "yes?" she asked, feeling her heart beat start to pick up "is this the home of Finn Hudson?" one of the officers asked "um.." Caroline told them, as she turned around "mom! Dad!" she yelled and when she did, her mom and dad came running over.

"Caroline, who is it, sweet.." Her mom was saying but then trailed off when she saw the police at the door "ma'am, are you the mother?" the officer asked "yes, why?" her mom asked and when she did, their dad then put his hands on Caroline's shoulders, as they all quietly prepared themselves for what they were about to here "we have some news we'd like to share with you.." the officer was saying and as he began talking, Caroline felt her legs give out on her as she started sobbing, her dad quickly caught her, as he ran his hands through her hair as he started crying, so did her mom.

And the worst part about losing someone isn't the day you lose them, it's the day's that come after during the memorial and funeral where people come to your house and start giving you food you probably won't eat but they feel like that's the only thing they can do, where Caroline just remembered being frozen not really saying anything to anybody, spending most of her time alone in her room locked away from everyone, until the day came where her and everyone we're coming together to remember him in glee club that was the first time she came out of the house.

Standing on the side of the stage in her black dress, Caroline watched as Jake, Marley, Unique and Ryder sang.

"Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes

Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes."

Tina and Artie had come up behind her and when they did, Artie grabbed her hand and squeezed it although when he did, Caroline didn't squeeze back, as he rolled out onto the stage, Tina hugged Caroline as she then walked out with Artie, singing as Sam and Blaine came on from the other side as Caroline watched.

"How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles
In laughter, in strife

In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?"

Then they all began walking off to the sides and as they did Puck, Mercedes, Kurt, Mike and Santana walked up singing.

"How about (Love?)

How about (love?)

How about (Love?)

(Measure in) love."

They then turned and looked at Caroline and when they did, Caroline walked out and joined them and when she did, Santana put her arms out and pulled her towards her as the two stood together as they all sang.

"Seasons of (Love) {Love}
Seasons of (Love) (Love)."

Mercedes then sang as they all harmonized behind her.