His charming smile broadened. He wasn't using any makeup. But that simple smile was handsome to the point of shattering heaven and earth. He used to be person who used heavy makeup before, which hid his handsome facial traits into a transgender freak.

But now his beauty... Consort Lian almost got mesmerized. She gulped. What's wrong with Shen Nuo? How did he become this handsome without make-up? She felt troubled.

Shen Nuo calmly finished the tea. Then he patiently refilled it. He got out a little phial from his sleeve pocket and added the white powder like content into the tea neatly.

Consort Lian narrowed her long eyes in doubt. "The antidote?"

Shen Nuo smiled. He stood and bent forward to her face with his slender and  beautiful but strong arms upon the desk.

"No. It's poison!" He got the cup and stirred it well. "But don't worry, I'm not that ruthless. Neither do I want your dog life. This poison can only make your skin grow painful and itchy ugly rashes that are highly contagious! Little brother is merciful, isn't he?" He gave her an enchanting smile.

A cold shudder ran down Consort Lian's back. "What are you doing!!?" She asked in horror. "You, you - "

Shen Nuo placed the cup forth her patiently. "Don't make me force you drink this." He said in a softer but more dangerous voice. His eyes flashed with killing intent. "It's would be easier if you drink it yourself. The other option would be painful. I will hold no responsibility."

And for the first time in her life, she felt scared of Shen Nuo like she had never felt before. She gulped. Shen Nuo isn't serious right? He's just joking with her right? He's just trying to scare her off. No! She shouldn't buy it!

She rolled her eyes arrogantly. "Shen Nuo!"

Shen Nuo raised his brows. "Drink!" He said in an unfaltering voice. "You didn't bring any servants or maids so there's no one to help you. How can you stop me? I'm telling you for the last time. Don't test my patience. It's limited. If I force you, it won't be very nice!"

Sweat drooped down Consort Lian's forehead. Her eyes widened. "Shen Nuo, do you know why you're doing!??"

Shen Nuo's eyes flashed. "Drinking or not?" He asked in a dangerous voice. Consort Lian didn't move. Her eyes were widened and her lips trembled slightly.

Shen Nuo suddenly grasped from her throat and forced the burning tea down her throat. His moves were both smooth and swift. He was still a man. How can a woman like her match to that strength?

Half of the tea spilled down the side of her neck. That tea was the most bitter tea she had ever drunk in her life. She knew it was poison. Tears couldn't help but fall down her eyes. Shen Nuo poisoned her!

Liyi and Jinyu were stunned. They just stood by the side, stupified and unable to utter a single word. The Shen Nuo they knew used to be a gentle weak youth that always got trampled by others. But no matter what, he never harmed a life... But this...

Shen Nuo threw away the cup and wiped his hands smiling in satisfaction. "You said I poisoned you one month ago, isn't it?" He said viciously. "I was grounded for four weeks for a fault I didn't do. But this Shen Nuo feels guilty. If he still had to suffer for something he didn't do, it's unfair, right? This way is better. Then only you and he can be level and the punishment he suffered be worthwhile!"

Consort Lian was breathing hard with her little hands tightened to her bossom. Her chest was suddenly giving a faint ache. This scared her to terrifics. The veil drenched in her tears. She cried furiously.

She came to teach Shen Nuo a lesson but she just didn't believe she was the one that had to suffer. She narrowed her red eyes in hate. "You wait! His Majesty won't let you go!"

Shen Nuo smiled pleasantly. "Out of my concern!" He looked at the beautiful rising sun. "But I'm afraid His Majesty will really have to let you go after he sees your face tomorrow. Do you still have the guts to go and complain about me with your mandrill face?"

Though Consort Lian did not know what he meant by mandrill, she knew it wasn't something good. She gritted her teeth furiously.

"Shen Nuoyan! You think I'm afraid of you?" She shouted. "You wait!"

Shen Nuo clapped laughing. "Oh yeah! I have the entire General's Manor to back me up. And what about yours? Mei Hua Brothel?"

Consort Lian's face went pale. This was too embarrassing. Shen Nuo dared to embarrass her infront of maids and servants.

Shen Nuo saw her face change at the speed of lightning. He smiled at her meaningfully. "Did I say something wrong?"

It was true. Consort Lian was actually a brothel girl who was too beautiful before she was taken as a consort by the Emperor who happened to see her.

But a very few knew about it and even if they did, they never dared to speak openly about the matter because they cherished their lives even more.

It wasn't only the sore spot of Consort Lian, but it also involved her dignity. Shen Nuo dared!

She was now breathing so hard, her face red than a beetroot. She couldn't explain what she was feeling now. Anger? Sorrow? Embarrassment? Jealously? She did not know.

But she knew one thing. She indeed had been daring with matters when dealing with Shen Nuo. Shen Nuo actually wasn't someone whom she can offend. His rank in the harem only subsided forth the Empress. He was the doted son of the former general, also the youngest sibling of the current Grand Martial of Li Yang Empire...

She had been daring so far to look down upon Shen Nuo because she had the favor of the Emperor. Besides, Shen Nuo looked so weak. But she did not know what happened to Shen Nuo all of a sudden... He seemed to have changed a lot beyond her comprehension to understand.

Shen Nuo smiled, diving her thoughts. "Better if you understand. His Majesty might favor you but still what? You're still a low ranked Noble Consort in the Harem." He smirked mockingly. "A peacock can only be a peacock. It cannot be a phoenix."

He pulled out a handkerchief and wiped the hand that had grasped from Consort Lian's throat a moment ago.

"Firstly, don't mess up with me. I endured it so far because I was merciful. I won't endure it any longer! Secondly, I'm of a higher rank than yours. So you should show respect and your proper manners forth me. Thirdly, don't try to bring up matters to frame me. If you say I did something improper to you again, trust me, I'll really do it!"

He raised her face from her chin with his fingertips. His eyes were deep like spring pools. They were indescribably beautiful but full of mock. "And, if I hear you call me by my name again, believe me, I'll wring your mouth!"

That voice was soft and gentle. But it was sharp and frightening.

With that, Shen Nuo threw away the dirty handkerchief. "Liyi, throw away that cup! Don't let it dirty my hands again!" He walked out of the pavilion. His tall and majestic figure was handsome beyond words. It wasn't adorable and cute. It was lordly and domineering. It indeed aired the real posture of a son of a General, not a weak Consort of the Emperor...

She suddenly understood. She understood she can no longer step on that weak Shen Nuo whom she used to know like the back of her palm. That person was no longer the Shen Nuo she knew...

She suddenly felt lost. She was the most beautiful woman in the Harem. How can she let him win over her?

Suddenly Shen Nuo turned back again. He had a vicious smile stretched across his thin and pale pink beautiful lips. "Mark my words!" He said aloud. "I advice you not to use make up tomorrow!" Then he left leisurely.

🌸. 🌸. 🌸. 🌸. 🌸.