Chapter 4. - Another Toriel!? - Page 10.

She looks and sees him, staring at him immensely.

"You...I remember your name. It is Gaster, yes?"

He nods.

She blinked a few times, then stares at her hands. "I only remember my name. I remember yours, are we friends?"

Gaster thinks to himself. *She is one of Toriel's soul fragments. . . . .Toriel being scattered like me, seeing this, is a painful sight in itself.*

Gaster says to her with a smile. "Yeah, old friends. Are you alright?" Tears of black liquid fall from her eyes again. "I don't know."

He walks over to her slowly and nearly falls, the effects of the drinks are still there. She catches him. "Whoa, um are you okay?"

Gaster sighed. "Just a old fool, who makes mistakes sometimes." She raised an eyebrow. "Am i old too?"

Gaster thinks of Toriel back at the lab. "No."

She tilts her head to the side. "Um, then why did you call yourself old?"

He shrugged. "I guess i just feel old sometimes."

She helps him back up. "You are kinda heavy. Here, i will help you back up...?"

He hugs her. "You need this."

She says to in a panicked voice. "What are you doing!??"

"Giving you a hug, you need it. I am sorry."

Noises come from her that sound like sniffling sounds. "I remember now...Everything. The savestar,meeting that foreshadow...meeting you and your friends, my family and friends, asgore and the lab. Everything that happened....I feel so confused. I am currently also seeing so many images in my head, i see myself in your lab but Horror is bigger then me, i see myself in so many places. But it's just my imagination right?"

Gaster replied. "Toriel, you died more than once...The underground, the void. My lab on and off to Asgore in the end due to the insanity that was caused by a piece of my savestar clinging to him right now. He is somewhere in the void, a threat to us all and to you.

Toriel cries again. "Did I become your child?"

Gaster sighed. "Yes you did..."

Toriel feeling sad. "How am i here then?"

Gaster says. "Your soul is scattered across time and space in the form of fragmented pieces. These pieces can take the form of anything. I myself am still scattered to a certain degree. But you are in worse shape than i am. I am more whole, than you are. I am in forms of dim light, to darkness,objects or what appeared to be clones of myself but not really clones at all.

Just being in multiple places at once, or in my case just other universes or certain areas in the void."

Toriel replied. "That sounds confusing and frightening. How are you here right now?"

Gaster replied. "I only assume the moment you first touched the savestar, the energy from it fused me back together to this person you see before you. I have been around it more than once in more places than I can count. I am sure it is like that with you as well, possibly different in some ways given the Determination and interactions with the savestar before."

Toriel showing a frightened expression. "Gaster, or do i call you father now? I am scared..."

He raises his right bonebrow at her. "Huh? scared of what?"

Frowning at him. "What is to come of me? The person you see before you?"

Gaster smiled. "My allies and I intend to find the other fragments and fuse them back together. So the goal would to be bring you to the lab safely. You should be fine." he puts his right hand on her left shoulder.

She frowned. "Will i die again?"

He shakes his head sideways with a serious expression. "No, i don't think so."

He sees her look down to the ground. "I-I have a bad feeling about this place, a feeling we are all in danger."

She backs away from him. "Do i call you father,dad or papa?"

Gaster smiles slightly. "It would be logical to say any of those things."

Toriel giggles. "I can tell you are a good parent, i feel it in my bones. I pushed grillby outside, i need to see if hes alright. " she then frowned.

Turning around, she looks to see Horror and Grillby enter the building and what looks like Papyrus.

Horror says to her. "tori!?"

"SANS, WHY IS TORIEL HERE FOR? AND WHY DOES SHE HAVE BLACK STUFF UNDER HER EYES FOR? IS SHE WEARING WEIRD MAKEUP?"

Toriel giggled.

Grillby says to her. "Are you alright?"

Toriel nods. "Yeah...J-Just" she puts her hands at the sides of her head. "GO AWAY! HE IS COMING! GO! GO NOW! NO HE IS NOT! Stop it! D-DON'T BE RUDE!" She starts crying and yelled out. "VOICES! SO MANY VOICES!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

She attempts to run out the building, only to see a blue glow around her, unable to move.

Horror says to her. "whoa, chill. we're your friends here."

Toriel yells out to them. "L-LET ME GO!!!! NOBODY IS S-S-S-SAFE!!!!"

She starts crying a lot.

Horror walks up to her and he says in a gentle voice. "hey, calm down. you are safe. having me,gaster,his kids,temmie and dust around you'll be right as rain."

She starts laughing hysterically.

Horror looks in Gaster's direction "uh g, is she going to be alright?"

Horrortale-Papyrus says. "SANS WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER!?"

Gaster puts his arms around her. "Shhh, everything will be alright."
He pats her back. She cried some more and coughed black liquid.

Grillby says. "What in the name of Monster kind is going on here!? Why is she sick?"

Gaster sighed. "I will explain everything at a later time, just know i am a friend of hers. An old friend."

He looks at Grillby and from what little he can make out. Grillby seems to somewhat show a trusting expression, even though he is melting and screaming in constant agony. He says to Gaster.

"Alright, i see that you are both good friends. Sans is your friend and so is Toriel. This confuses me since i do not know you and have never seen her do this before, but given the strange and awful things over the years. I shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore. Glad to see her again. I suggest keeping her out of sight, wouldn't want Undyne or her guards seeing her. Stay safe friend."

Gaster nods. "Thank you for staying with her."

Grillby replied. "You are welcome." He looks at sans and Papyrus. "You two should return home with her. Ill clean up." They nod, including Gaster.

Gaster has her leaning against him, they carefully walk out of the building, to hear mumbles of nearby voices.

Monsters around them. "Is that Toriel?

"Queen Toriel?"

"Shes returned?"

"HEEEEEY ITS THE OLDER QUEEN!"

Horror raised his hands up in the air towards the other monsters and he says. "hey, quiet down guys. don't want queen undick to learn about tori being here do we? and also tori isn't feeling well. so keep it quiet alright?" He looks back at Gaster and Papyrus and he whispered. "i got to stay with everyone outside alright?"

"SANS, I SHALL HELP YOU!"

"yeah, but mind not raising your voice. I am like right next to you."

"TO THE OUTSIDE!"

Standing outside his house. "uh bro, we are outside."

Horrortale-Papyrus looks back at his brother. "I KNEW THAT SANS! I WAS JUST TESTING YOU!"

Horror replied to his brother, sounding calm. "alright. well, after things calm down here. i told my friends i would show them around the underground."

Horrortale-Papyrus crossing his arms, with a brief sigh. "SANS, I FEEL LIKE THAT SHOULD WAIT AWHILE."

"how long do you think that should be exactly?"

"I DO NOT KNOW...UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO STAY HERE IN YOUR STEAD!"

Horror shaking his head sideways. "nah, ill stay. I feel like this is something we both have to do."

"SMART THINKING BROTHER!"

"yep." thinking to himself. *i feel like this mission of scouting around will be delayed for awhile. but at least one of Toriel's fragments was found, so what now?*

Both Horror and his brother look back to see Gaster and Toriel walk to back to their house.

Horror opens the door for them. "Here."

Gaster smiled at him. "Thanks"

"no problem, my brother and i will handle things here. just relax."

Gaster whispered to him. "This was unexpected, we came to scout around and learn about your universe. See what we can do to help-"

Horror interrupted Gaster with an emotionless reply. "the scouting can wait, we found one of tori's fragments, we could do that next time. If you have any questions about my home, i'll be here to answer them. just remember these words."

He looks back at Gaster with a wide grin. "It's eat or be eaten." Gaster does not know how to respond to that.

Horror shook his head. "see you later. I can't stay away from this place all the time. It is home after all." he sighed, looking down at the ground for a moment.

"UGH! SANS, WHERE YOU TALKING TO YOURSELF AGAIN?"

Horror chuckled. "yep."

Gaster and Toriel enter the house.