CHAPTER 22: The Perfect Match

A/N: I'll only say that it's a yet another long ass chapter, but I did a lot of thinking and lost my only brain cell in the process.
( '-`)
Enjoy it, y'all~ 🤗

9 DAYS LATER~

Today, October 8th, was a holiday across the whole of Japan because on this day, a grand event named 'The Five Kage Summit' was hosted every year by one of the five greatest provinces of Japan, namely Konohagakure, Sunagakure, Kirigakure, Kumogakure, and Iwagakure. The five Kages (or heads) of the respective regions came together to commemorate the historic day when the peace treaty among the five provinces was signed several years ago.

More than a summit, it was a festival in which people from these five states held a grand fete in the streets of the host province. Any vehicle was prohibited after five in the evening as the people would start setting up their stalls during that time, which sold different merchandise and delicacies from their respective regions.

The streets were adorned with vibrant lights and scented, bright flowers, alongside banners and streamers that swayed with the wind. The vendors and their stalls, which had fairy lights woven through them, contributed greatly to bringing the region to life. The entire area was converted into a glittering wonderland.

Starting from seven, these roads bustled with people from all around the world who came to Japan during that time to specially visit this summit. Such a beautiful celebration it was. And it was Konohagakure's, or Konoha's, turn to be dressed in the beauty of this festival this time.

Naruto had decided to attend the festival with all his friends since his parents were busy meeting the four Kages anyway. Naruto had invited Sasuke to join his troupe for the day, and of course, Sasuke was joining with Suigetsu by his side.

Naruto and his friend group, which included not only Shikamaru and Kiba, but also Choji, Rock Lee, Hinata, and Kankuro, had also brought along other companions like Sasuke had.

Hinata brought her first cousin, Hyuga Neji as Kankuro was accompanied by his siblings, Sabaku no Gaara and Sabaku no Temari, while Choji brought his college best friend, Aburame Shino. Rock Lee preferred to go solo.

Naruto introduced Sasuke and Suigetsu to the others, and so far, Gaara and Neji were the only two people Sasuke wasn't annoyed with. Sasuke remained silent after their introduction because he was not used to talking at all, let alone dealing with so many people at the same time. Suigetsu did not speak to avoid any awkwardness.

They all entered the fete together, walking in twos or threes. Naruto was walking ahead with Shikamaru and Kiba while the others walked with the people they came with. Rock Lee, again, preferred it solo.

Naruto was simultaneously keeping an eye on everyone and noticed the weird atmosphere among his group, mainly the new additions.

"Hey! Let's check out Ichiraku's stall first! Please!"

Naruto turned around and pleaded to the group in a loud voice so that everybody could hear him despite the noise. He wanted to do something about this awkward situation. However, he earned sighs and disappointed looks from all his friends except Choji, who was always up for food.

"Naruto, we have just entered the fete. At least let's look around first. Ichiraku Ramen is not going anywhere from here, but all these stalls will stay only for tonight. Enjoy them for today, please?"

Kiba said, his reasoning being completely valid. Naruto pouted in half mock and half real sadness. He did want to lift the mood, but he also really wanted to eat ramen.