CHAPTER 27: A Difficult Choice

A/N: Five thousand reads, huh... FIVE THOUSAND!! OMG!! I am so happy you all are giving time to this book! I can't describe this feeling in a word... All in all, thank you so very much!
🥹🧡💙
However... I really don't know how to feel about this chapter. It took me longer than usual to type it because I was stuck to the point that what I wrote wasn't making any sense, even to me 🤐
I wasn't even sure about posting this one, but here we are...
(;゚∇゚)
Anyway, I still hope that you all like this one 😅😁

ONE WEEK LATER ~

Sasuke had been coming to meet Naruto without fail for the past seven days, but Naruto still hadn't opened the door for him. It had become a new routine for him.

He came every morning to leave a healthy breakfast at Naruto's doorstep before going to school. During lunch, he would somehow manage to sneak into the sports room to leave a bento for the blond since he knew that Naruto wasn't going to eat with him at the rooftop anytime soon. After school ended, he would go and wait outside Naruto's house for him to open the door. He would keep talking, sometimes with the wind, or the sky, or even Kurama, whoever kept him company. But when the evening would settle in, the raven would go back home, cook some dinner, and walk up to Naruto's house yet again to deliver him the last meal of the day outside his door.

Every time Sasuke came around to drop off Naruto's food (that he specially cooks for him), he would knock on the door in false hopes that Naruto would open it and let him in, and he would leave disappointed everytime. He wasn't expecting Naruto to open up to him anytime soon. However, he knew that he wouldn't have much time for Naruto very soon.

Since there was no reply to any text messages or missed calls that Sasuke had left, every meal that Naruto got from the Uchiha always had a message on a sticky note stuck to the lid of the bento, just like today.

"Oi, Dobe,
If you at least tell me what's wrong, I won't be so annoying and leave you alone. But you acting like some saint in seclusion is really pissing me off."

Naruto read what was written on the small, yellow paper out loud for himself.

"He really is bipolar, dattebayo..."

Naruto muttered under his breath. He knew that Sasuke wasn't aware of the fact that he had been listening to him talk all these days.

The tone Sasuke uses when he's talking while sitting outside Naruto's house and the one he used in the notes were way too different.

Naruto placed the paper inside the drawer of his side table, in which lay all the other notes that had come with his meals. He walked back to the kitchen and opened the bento, only to find steamed rice, miso soup, pickle salad, and some fresh berries inside it.

"He really gives it a lot of thought, doesn't he?"

Naruto smiled at the food before looking for the creature he was talking to, the creature being Kurama again, who was sitting beside the table leg. Kurama purred in response, which was succeeded by a loud whimper.

"Ok, ok, I know you're hungry! Take it!"

Naruto tossed the berries to the fox, who collected them in his mouth before going away to find himself a comfortable spot to eat.

Naruto sat in his chair and, after an enthusiastic "ittadakimasu," he relished his breakfast in peace, or at least he wished he could have. While he ate, he couldn't help but remember the past week he had spent going back and forth between Earth and Hell.

Every time Sasuke came and talked, Naruto would feel guilty, and sometimes it overwhelmed him so much that he entered a state of panic.

Even after the raven would leave, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows for the blond. No, it was quite the opposite, because when he wasn't busy feeling guilty towards Sasuke, Sai would definitely haunt his thoughts, demanding an explanation from him about those dangerous feelings that Naruto was in denial of, feelings that had something to do with Sasuke.