CHAPTER 23: Ideal Birthday

A/N: Hey people!
Sorry, this is another lengthy chapter, but it just had to be written this way!
(^-^;
Oh! You all are in for a surprise...🤭

3 DAYS LATER, AT NARUTO'S IN THE EVENING~

"Whoa, Sasuke! That's one huge gift, man."

Neji said as he helped Sasuke place a huge cloth-covered rectangular object against the wall in the living room of Naruto's house.

Naruto had refused to use his money on something as silly as a birthday party, and he wanted to celebrate his special day at his new apartment. It was more like a movie marathon than a party. He had specially left Kurama with his mother to make space for the people who had come.

"Hn. I spent 3 days on it. I worked like crazy."

Sasuke said as they had finally managed to position the canvas.

Sasuke let out a huff and subconsciously pouted. Neji laughed at how cute Sasuke looked.

"Why so pouty?"

He said, causing Sasuke to send him a death glare, which had honestly managed to scare the pale-eyed boy.

"Chill, dude. I was just asking."

Neji reasoned, and Sasuke stopped staring at him Uchiha-style.

"*Sigh* Look, I worked my ass off for this canvas. I came here to take care of all his meals and then went back to my studio, which is half an hour away from here. I went home at one in the morning just because of this canvas. But somehow, that pineapple head managed to impress Naruto more with his gift! I mean, seriously! I did all that work just for Naruto to say 'Thanks, Sasuke, I'll open it later', while Shikamaru just got him free vouchers for Ichiraku's and he went like 'Aww, Shikamaru! You're the best, dattebayo!'... I am pissed!"

Sasuke finished with his sob story, which caused Neji to laugh his guts out. Sasuke scowled at the Hyuga but only said a small "tch."

"Hahaha! No, Sasuke, you're jealous!"

The sudden, blunt statement caused Sasuke's face to flare with red color. He was extremely flustered on the inside, but as always, he knew better than to expose his inner gay panic.

"S- So what?"

Neji stopped laughing at this. He looked at Sasuke with a very serious expression, but it was hardly enough to faze the raven.

"So? So I should be helping you."

"Wait- Really?! You're not like, umm, disgusted in me or something?"

"What? No! I have spent this entire trip doting on Gaara and Rock Lee! What do you expect?"

Neji chuckled as he exposed his secrets to his raven-haired friend. In fact, he was happy that he had someone as gay as him around.

Meanwhile, Sasuke was internally overjoyed to know that one of his new friends had readily accepted him and his sexuality so easily.

"So... Do you want me to help?"

Neji was always up for playing Cupid for gay couples. That's just how he was.

"Sure..."

Sasuke replied, causing a mischievous smile to tug on Neji's lips.

-×-×-×-

The cake had been cut and devoured by everyone, and they were now all seated in Naruto's small bedroom. Naruto had placed extra mattresses on the floor since he knew his bed wasn't big enough to fit everyone. The mattresses were also placed a little away from the bed, so there was space to move around.