CHAPTER 8: Inner Demons ⚠️

A/N: ⚠️ WARNING! This chapter will contain content that might be disturbing. I will again put a warning sign before the thing actually starts and one when it ends. It contains a few parts of the story, but you may skip it as they will be discussed in further chapters.
Enjoy~

LATER THAT EVENING ~

"So are you gonna tell me about this emo boy or not?"

Shikamaru spoke after patiently waiting for the past 30 minutes for Naruto to speak up. They were sitting on an obviously orange couch in Naruto's living room, with cans of beer spread across a mini table in front of them. The room was dimly lit as the fire burned in the fireplace just across the table.

Naruto hadn't responded to Shikamaru, who then looked at Naruto with side eyes while sipping on his third can, only to see the drunk blond daydreaming and drooling.

"Oi, is somebody in here?"

Shikamaru knocked on the side of Naruto's forehead as if it were a door, snapping Naruto out of his trance.

"Huh?"

"*sigh* I told you to drink moderately. Look at your state. Geez, what a drag..."

Shikamaru took the can from Naruto's hands.

"Oh...hehe..."

Naruto wiped his drool and decided to switch to water. He was good at handling his alcohol but had already chugged 5 cans. He took a deep breath and finally chose to let his best friend in on his current issues.

"Well, you see, there is this boy in Kiba's class, Sasuke. He's got black hair, like jet black hair, pale skin, and beautiful black eyes..."

"*sigh* I've heard this five times already, Naruto. You need to move on from black hair and eyes, okay? Also, stop zoning out."

"O-Oh, sorry, my bad. In any case, when I first saw him, I knew he that he was the 'I am the King, bow down to me' type of guy, because he was shouted on a pretty girl who was confessing to him!! He is the only one who has ever stood up against me in that school, dattebayo! Me!! Whom nobody dared to mess with! Not to mention, he is not only my junior, but also my student!"

Naruto ranted with exaggerated hand actions as Shikamaru listened to him without interrupting.

"Ugh! He is so irritating! All he ever says is 'hn'. Seriously?! Anyways, he is the most annoying little shit I've ever come across in my life."

"Why do you even pay attention to such a dick? It sounds like a drag."

Shikamaru wasn't actually confused. He knew exactly what this all was about. However, he decided to let Naruto continue.

"I know, right? I don't have to chase after him, and he doesn't treat me like a friend either. But you know what, Shika? I want to make friends with him. I don't know why, but something in me tells me to take care of him. I want to help him. I want him to rely on me. I don't want to be just a sensei to him. I want to be more, maybe like a brother."

'You've already bro-zoned him, huh...'

Shikamaru sighed inwardly.

"What a drag... Anyways, how are you planning to approach him then?"

"Oh, about that, I asked him to eat lunch together every day, and guess what? He actually agreed! He is almost antisocial, dattebayo!"

'NOW YOU'RE ASKING YOUR WANNA-MAKE-BROTHER ON A DATE?! THAT TOO EVERY FUCKING DAY??'

Shikamaru's eye brow twitched in frustration, but this went unnoticed by Naruto. Realizing that Naruto wasn't aware of the reality of his thoughts, Shikamaru took the chance and went straight down to business.