Sasuke's Journal Entry (4)

"What defines life? The hell we've been living in or the hope we've been living for?"

I woke up at midnight to the sound of heavy footsteps moving around the house. I stepped out of my bed and saw my father leave with his suitcase through the main gate from my window.

He is gone.

For a month...!

I couldn't sleep after that, and it's been half an hour since.

I never knew how it felt to be able to breathe in this house. Not before today, right now.

For the next month, I won't have to go to sleep, fearing his late night punishments anymore. I won't have to worry about coming home late. I won't have to be careful of not making a sound...

But can I actually do that?

Over the years, my body has adapted to all this. I have only ever accepted what Father has given me, be it his money or his punishments.

Can I actually overcome all these fears in just a month's time?

Can I actually look past those horrendous days and live freely for a month?

Probably not. Why?

Because the norms of the Uchihas have been drilled into my head since I was a child.

I am aware of the fact that whatever is happening is not right or that any of the norms my father has made are not normal at all... But I can't get over the pain that has tormented me for 12 years in just a few days.

If not for Naruto, I would've lived the rest of my life believing that what I am going through is something I deserve and that it is for my own good...

Speaking of which, I finally have time to be with Naruto! I can go to his home early and make him breakfast.

I am sure that usuratonkachi eats shit for breakfast...

I finally have the opportunity to get even closer to him...

I might sound selfish to people out there, but deep inside me, I have this desire... to be loved by a person for whom I am the only one...

And somehow, I want Naruto to... love me that way.

I want him to be my one and only, like I would be for him.

But, will he ever love me like that?

Am I allowed to feel that kind of love?

Do I even have a chance at making him fall in love with me?

I really don't know...

However, the only thing I can reassure myself of is that good times are coming, and I can't wait any longer!

~ recorded on the night of the "Waning Gibbous"

*Waning Gibbous - when the moon is more than 99% visible and is decrescent (the lessening final quarter)

A/N: Even I can't wait any longer!!
The good times are coming! (Or not?)
(・・;)
Anyways I am so thankful to all those who have given this book so much love. I love it when someone else enjoys my work and the comments being so lively is simply winning over my heart 🥹💙🧡
Anyways, see you all in the next chapter!
Author sound out ~ ✌🏻