CHAPTER 14: Moments

A/N: Hellooo~ all!
So this chapter will mainly focus on their bonding and a little bit of Sasuke simping over Naruto. I hope you enjoy it!
(*^3^)/~☆

A FEW DAYS LATER~

Having tasted the sweet elixir of freedom, Sasuke was practically addicted to it now. Ever since that day, he spent evenings with Naruto in places like karaoke, the arcade, or a cafe. They met every other day as Sasuke had to accommodate Orochimaru's lessons as well.

Their lunchtime together was almost a part of Sasuke's timetable. They were sometimes joined by Kiba, Shikamaru, and Suigetsu in their ventures, but it was mostly just the two of them.

When with his blonde sensei, he was able to stay truer to his real self. He could take a break from constantly acting like an 'ideal Uchiha'. He felt free, like a bird.

Most importantly, he wasn't lonely anymore. His mother was always out of the country because of her work. She was seldom at home (the day when Sasuke first met Naruto was one of the times). As for his brother, Itachi, he lived in a different city with his husband, Deidara. Hence, Sasuke was always alone.

But now, he had a friend who laughed with him, spared time for him, ate with him, and cherished him. He had someone who knew what was hidden behind his obnoxious mask, and that was enough.

Sasuke loved spending time with Naruto so much that he lied to his father on a regular basis.

"I have to go and study with my classmates. I am trying out group studies to improve my social skills. I have a lot to work on in this field, so..."

On and on, he would go, explaining the perks of group study sessions. Fugaku, being extremely invested in his work, couldn't care less about what Sasuke was ranting about and just let him be, as long as Sasuke came back before suppertime.

Sasuke knew that one day he would get caught and beaten to death for lying, but he didn't care. The memories Naruto gave him were nothing compared to the constant pain he was already used to living with.

Today was another such day. Naruto had invited Sasuke over to his house for the first time.

'I'll be going to his house...!'

Stoic on the outside, the Uchiha was actually panicking inside. He picked up his bag, checked his outfit for the fifth and final time, and marched downstairs into his father's office.

'You've got this, Sasuke.'

He breathed out and opened the door with shivering hands. He had been lying to his father for quite a few days, but he was still not used to it.

"Good afternoon, Father. I have to go for my group stu-"

"Tsk, don't disturb me. You can die in a ditch for all I care."

Fugaku spoke in his coldest voice, sending chills down Sasuke's spine. Sasuke gulped and nodded slightly before bidding his father goodbye.

He strode leisurely towards the school. Upon reaching it, he found Naruto standing near the gates, leaning on his bike. He was wearing blue jeans below a burnt orange sweatshirt, which somehow made his chest look even wider. His tan skin glowed in the sun, and his blue eyes reflected the abyss of the clear sky.

'He is so beautiful... beauty itself would feel shy in front of him.'

He smiled to himself and walked over to the tan beauty.

"Dobe."

"Oh! Teme! You sure took your time, huh?"

Naruto said with a smirk. His eyes roamed over the raven's outfit. He wore a simple black hoodie with black skinny jeans. A silver stud hanging down his earlobe was the only flashy item.