CHAPTER 12: Their Cherished Bond

A/N: OH.MY. GOD!!!! Literally 1000 reads?!! Thank you so so so much for giving time to this story 🙇🏻‍♀️
I am so happy I am literally crying
I am writing this story with a lot of love, and seeing that it is getting more of it from you all is a really emotional thing for me! Thank you so so so so much. Here is a present for you all.
( ^▽^)

Sasuke was standing near the school building, staring at the blond who stood near the school gates, waiting for Sasuke to leave for home so that he could catch the raven on the way.

Sasuke had avoided any sort of contact with the blonde during their P.E. lesson, but now he had no excuse to do so. However, after the conversation with Kiba during the lunch break, Sasuke didn't have the heart to say anything rude to him either.

'He must've been super upset for Kiba to be that angry... Do I really matter that much to him?'

Sasuke's cheeks began to turn pink. He mentally sighed and finally decided to talk to Naruto, mentally deciding to at least apologize for his needlessly rude behavior towards him.

'Kiba was right, Naruto didn't do anything wrong. He shouldn't suffer just because I am fucked up...'

Sasuke walked over to him slowly. The closer he got to Naruto, the faster his heart raced. He was overwhelmed with guilt towards Naruto. His steps became smaller and slower as his mind was flooded with memories of how he had been ignoring him and the cold words he had hurled at the blond.

"I just didn't like spending time with you."

"You're annoying."

'Damn... I really fucked up didn't I?'

Sasuke wanted to physically slap himself.

'How could I do this to him?'

Sasuke snapped back to reality when he heard the familiar raspy voice of the beautiful, blue-eyed blonde calling out to him.

Sasuke stopped in his tracks and just stared at Naruto as he came running towards him, the long strands of his headband fluttering behind him with the wind. When the blond was close enough, Sasuke keenly observed the state he was in.

He started with his strong, well-built thighs, which had straddled his own legs on the rooftop when he was slumped over the raven. Their position had been lewd, but what Sasuke saw from beneath the blond was a breathtaking view.

Sasuke blushed slightly at the memory before he observed Naruto's tan, muscular arms that were swinging alternately as he ran. He was reminded of the time he had hurt his foot and Naruto saved him when he was about to trip.

'Those arms... I remember they felt so safe when he held me back then. It felt so right to be wrapped in them.'

Sasuke's gaze wandered to Naruto's wide, puffed-up chest as it moved to the rhythm of his breath, which had felt insanely warm against his back.

Sasuke was trying his level best not to blush at the sight of his 'friend', but he was failing miserably.

His eyes then landed on the man's face. His whiskered cheeks were red due to the sun and all the running. His jawline was as chiseled as ever, and his eyes...

'Oh, those eyes...'

His eyes were not the usual cerulean but a darker shade of blue, yet they were shining under the afternoon sun.