CHAPTER 20: Before a Beautiful Tomorrow

A/N: Heyoo there~
I forgot to thank you all for another thousand and five hundred plus reads! Thank you so so much, dattebayo! 🤗
(Naruto claiming his copyright on "dattebayo" in the background)
(^_^;)
Also, this is just a reminder, but there will be sensitive content throughout the book, and I will put the signs only for extreme cases.
Anyways, enjoy! (^3^)

~●~●~●~
SASUKE'S POV

I remember embarrassingly passing out in the hallway in front of Kakashi... so what am I doing here?

I was standing a few steps away in front of my house. The wooden door was locked as usual, and I couldn't see any lights shining through the window, which meant that Father wasn't home.

I walked to the front door and opened it softly out of habit. I stepped in with a light foot when I heard that dreadful voice again.

"Welcome home, Sasuke."

I turned around to see Father standing in the dark corridor.

It's just like yesterday...

Yesterday's events were repeating themselves in the perfect chronological order. First, he mentioned Sakura, then showed that dangerously beautiful picture of me and Naruto together on Father's phone.

It's a dream...

I realized and almost relaxed, but that was a mistake.

"Oh~ Now you know you're dreaming, huh?"

Father spoke with a cold voice, sending a chill down my spine. I was trembling even in my dream. My breathing was agonizingly fast as I still held onto the knob tightly in my hands. However, even inside my head, I was unable to gather the courage to escape.

"You can't escape from me, Sasuke."

Father said as he suddenly was behind me. Like yesterday, he shoved my head against the wall and dragged me by my hair to the cell.

He'll kill me...

"Damn right."

Father replied to my thoughts as I once again felt the knob slip away from my reach.

It's okay, you'll wake up soon, Sasuke.

I tried to calm myself because I could feel the pain coursing within me whenever I breathed too fast. I knew Father would kill me in this dream and that I was going to wake up soon.

Why?

Because even a dream doesn't know what to show after death...

~●~●~●~

Kakashi and Iruka were having their little chit-chat when they suddenly heard noises coming from Sasuke's ward. They stopped talking to confirm if what they heard was real when loud heaving sounds began filling the silence on the entire floor.

"Shit!"

Iruka stood up and rushed to the ward with Kakashi following him closely. Iruka slammed the door open, and they were met by a heartbreaking sight.

In front of them was Sasuke, who was panting and squirming in his sleep. His movements were not helping with his injuries.

"His wounds will reopen if he keeps moving around like this. Come with me."

Iruka said to Kakashi as they sprinted to Sasuke's bed. Kakashi was tasked with pinning the raven's hands down by his sides while Iruka was supposed to wake him up.

"Sasuke! Wake up!"

They could see the small amount of tears leaking from his closed eyes. It pained them to see the young boy like this. It angered them to think that they couldn't do anything to help him.