CHAPTER 16: The Courage to Accept

A/N: Hello there, people!
\(^-^)/
So I am not here to bore you all. Just wanted to give a little heads up. By now, all of you already know this, but in all the chapters except for the journal entries, everything in italics are the thoughts of the characters, even during calls.
Ok, now, enjoy!

Sasuke was covered in a mess of wheat flour at six in the morning. The young Uchiha had woken up an hour and a half earlier to make ramen for his blond friend and sensei.

"Phew... 105 minutes of hard work sure pays off!"

Sasuke whispered to himself as he did not want to wake Fugaku up at any cost. He transferred the noodles and the broth into boxes and slowly treaded upstairs to get ready for his day.

He had been waking up earlier than usual to prepare lunch for Naruto every day since that day, when he got to know about Naruto's past.

'I'll make it up to him for the time I wasn't there with him...'

After completing his morning routine as usual, he set off for school. The weather had started getting colder, so he had worn a black jacket over his everyday clothes, but they somehow were still not enough.

'It's colder than I thought.'

His hands were freezing cold, so he blew on them and rubbed them together to heat them up. His hands were almost warm when a chilly wind blew past him.

"Ah, fuck!"

He murmured as a shiver ran down his spine.

After walking for a while, the school was finally within his sight. He hurried towards the building as he wanted to shield himself from the weather.

He quickly stepped into the empty classroom and took a seat near the window. He was still a little cold, but as soon as he looked outside, all the cold around him melted away the instant his eyes fell on the blond boy lurking in the fields.

A very personal smile graced his lips as he observed Naruto walking around with Guy sensei, setting up the field for the day. He wore an orange hoodie and blue pants with that signature head protector of his.

'Isn't he cold? He should dress warmly.'

Sasuke worried but was distracted by his skin that gleamed under the few rays of the sun that were piercing through the dull clouds, and Sasuke's heart beat at a crazy speed.

'Didn't they say that junk food spoils your looks in some ways? He shouldn't be looking like that if all he does is eat ramen...'

Sasuke wondered as he admired his blond sensei. He was checking out Naruto's sharp jawline when the said man suddenly turned his head around, looked up, and locked eyes with him.

Naruto grinned at the raven and waved his hand at him. Sasuke blushed with embarrassment at getting caught by him. He eventually scowled at Naruto and quickly turned his face the other way.

'Shit... that's super embarrassing! Ugh!'

Sasuke was unable to get the red tint off his cheeks no matter how much he tried to avoid thinking about what happened.

'Stupid Sasuke! Why was I staring? And why the fuck did Naruto look up?!'

He cursed himself along with Naruto as he pulled his hoodie on, put his head down on the table, and slept.

Meanwhile, Naruto was completely satisfied with the raven's reaction. He was, in fact, flattered that the emo boy was eyeing him through his window, but he can't show that, can he?