CHAPTER 34: A Brave Decision ⚠️

A/N: Hello people!
A lot has happened to me during the past few days, and I'm sorry for the delay. This chapter was a little difficult to end, but I managed to do it somehow.
(*'ノ∀'*)
Also, there won't be a warning sign in between because the sensitive things come in bits in the chapter.
🤧⚠️
So... just enjoy the show~ 😌

"Stand up."

Fugaku's devilish voice seeped into Naruto's ears through the phone as he kept listening without cutting the call. The blond's heart dropped into his stomach, and he froze the moment he heard the elder Uchiha's voice. He had already sensed that something was terribly wrong long ago, but this feeling was getting worse by the second.

"Oi, teme...? Are you ok? What the hell is going on?"

Naruto questioned in his soft, trembling voice, which, to his fear, was not reaching Sasuke's ears. The Uchiha had already left the phone on his bed with the screen facing downwards and was now standing before his father with his head hung low, silently obeying his elder's order, as always.

The blond was growing increasingly nervous listening to all the muffled shuffling sounds coming from the other end as he clenched the phone in his hands and kept it tightly pressed against his ear.

"Sasuke?"

Naruto called out to the raven again but was met with dead silence in return, causing his heart to beat at a menacing speed the longer the silence stretched. He feared that it was the calm before a storm.

'Please prove me wrong, dattebayo...'

He prayed desperately, but he soon realized that his instinct was anything but wrong when the sound of objects falling on the floor and a loud thud escaped the speaker of his smartphone.

On the other side of the call, Fugaku, without really caring about checking Sasuke's phone, held his youngling by the throat and pinned him against the wall. Sasuke's panicked movements to stop his father from clenching his throat had caused the things kept on his side table to fall.

"Gah-"

Sasuke's back hit the wall with so much force that all the air left his lungs in a jiffy, and he couldn't compensate for it due to his father's hand that was crushing his windpipe.

Naruto was frantically yelling Sasuke's name, seeking a response from the other side while the raven squirmed under Fugaku's grip, scratching his father's hand in an attempt to make him let go, but in vain.

"You think I'll let go of you because of your pathetic struggle?"

Fugaku's cold voice echoed in the room as his grip around Sasuke's throat tightened. The young raven's face was growing redder the more his breath was constricted.

He was barely able to breathe, and he kept tapping his father's arm weakly as choked voices escaped him and successfully reached Naruto, breaking his heart bit by bit.

"Sasuke!!"

The blond yelled again, not knowing what else to do in this situation. He had never felt this helpless before. He could hear the pained voice of the man he had come to love, yet his hands were tied at the moment.

Just when Naruto thought that it couldn't get worse, he was, once again, proven wrong the very next second.

Fugaku pulled Sasuke away from the wall and threw him across the room, causing an agonized cry to escape his lips. The raven violently hit the floor, and a wave of excruciating pain ran through his entire being.

The sound that raged due to the impact caused Naruto's eyes to widen in horror as he was finally able to put the puzzle pieces together.

'Sasuke... is in danger. I gotta do something, dattebayo!'