CHAPTER 4: Dobe and Teme

A/N: Hello! I am back with another chapter! Finally, they've met 😮‍💨 Anyways I'll let you all enjoy the story first...

Naruto couldn't look away from the sight in front of him. He had originally wanted to teach the boy with duckbutt hair a lesson. However, when the said boy turned around to face him, Naruto's body went numb because, in front of him stood a boy with black mid-length hair that looked even glossier under the light. The bangs falling over his face made his pale skin look even paler, drawing more attention to it. He had a perfectly cut face, but his eyes... They were black, not like coal, but like obsidian gems had been placed in those sockets. Naruto had never seen such distracting eyes before.

Naruto forgot his motive for approaching the raven as he felt his eyes go wide while staring into those ebony eyes. He didn't want to break this moment, and neither did the raven try to look away.

'Sai...'

Naruto could see how similar Sai and the boy in front of him were. He reminded Naruto of Sai and how they had similar features, but Naruto couldn't help but admit that the male in front of him was more beautiful than Sai. He was the epitome of what people would call ethereal.

"Oi..."

Naruto was brought back to reality by a rich, low voice that belonged to the boy whose shoulder Naruto had grabbed. Naruto blinked twice before looking away for a moment. He turned to the raven in front of him, still holding onto his shoulder. He cleared his throat and furrowed his eyebrows before speaking.

"Say, why are you being so mean to a girl? You made her cry! How could you talk to her like that in public? Be a little considerate, dattebayo!"

"Dont jump to conclusions, dobe."

The younger boy replied, staring at him with a deadpan face. His voice was so cold that it made Naruto flinch inside, though he remained calm on the outside.

'Did he just call me a dobe?!'

Naruto realized what he had just been called, and all his plans of handling the matter maturely went down the drain.

"Don't call me dobe, teme!"

Naruto spat at him, and his grip shifted from his shoulders to his collar. Naruto heard the raven let out a light scoff before he yanked his collar out of Naruto's strong grip. Naruto watched as the boy left, and he could swear that he heard the pale-skinned man mutter "usuratonkachi" under his breath before walking away.

Naruto was now very irritated. He had never been someone who could tolerate insults hurled at him, especially after rebuilding his pride and reputation during high school. Plus, this boy was supposed to be his kōhai. He was supposed to know about Naruto and his famous troupe. They were the famous troublemakers of Konoha High. Above all,  how could he address his senpai with such insulting names?! Naruto felt a nerve strike in his head. He popped his knuckles before yelling at the raven who was continuously walking away.

"Oi, pretty boy! You wanna fight?"

The "pretty boy" stopped in his tracks for a second, then, without sparing Naruto a glance, resumed walking. Naruto was about to chase after him when he heard a familiar voice call out to him from behind.

"Naruto?!"

He turned around to see Kiba standing still in the middle, acting as a divider for the passing crowd. Naruto shot him a flashy smile as he hurriedly walked over to Kiba. He began playfully choking Kiba with his arm wrapped around his neck while fiddling with his hair.

"Ha! Kiba! How have you been, you dog breath? I bet you got no friends in your class now. You always used to hang out with us dattebayo."

Naruto said before slowly letting go of Kiba, both panting slightly. A lot of other people were now heading towards the field, and many of them recognized him as they passed by. They all bowed to Naruto, acknowledging him as their alumni. Naruto gave them a slight nod in return before turning his attention back to Kiba.