CHAPTER 15: The Highs and Lows ⚠️

A/N: WARNING! ⚠️ This chapter will contain homophobic slurs and sensitive topics every where in between, so I haven't put any signs particularly. It has details of Naruto's past, but not all. I have skipped the parts I have written about earlier.

FLASHBACK

10 YEARS AGO~

A month had passed since Naruto's abduction by the goons of the opposition party. Though he had been rescued in time, the nine-year-old boy was scarred from the experience.

He stopped going to school, obviously because he had been kidnapped from that very place. His appetite was almost gone. He had lost 5 kilos within the month. His skin was dull, and he had huge bags under his eyes due to lack of sleep.

'Yes... mommy and daddy will keep me safe. But, what if they come to find me here and hurt mommy and daddy? They'll take me away... I don't want to be away from my family again.'

Such thoughts invaded the small Naruto's mind at night. He was afraid to even fall asleep. The only time Naruto slept was when he passed out from exhaustion. He would hug his sheets and pillows tightly and would stay awake to keep watch. He didn't want the villains to hurt his parents and take him away.

Minato, being the Hokage and Kushina, being a hotshot vet, both came home exhausted every day. They tried their best to make their child go to sleep by singing lullabies or telling stories, but in the end, it was only them who fell asleep every time.

Seeing their child so wrecked was the last thing any parent wanted. Hence, Minato and Kushina decided to bring a change in Naruto's life. Money was never an issue, so they easily moved places and admitted Naruto to a different school. They wanted their son back.

Naruto was hesitant about changing schools, but leaving old scars behind with the place was a good idea.

He began adapting to the new environment rather quickly, and soon, everything in his life was seemingly getting better.

*TIME SKIP * THREE YEARS LATER~

Everything in the life of twelve-year-old Naruto was going perfectly. He was a being who outshined the brightness of the sun, a kind, helpful, and gentle soul. His smile could shake the hearts of those around him. Such a beautiful child he had become.

He had always been very open about falling in love but was oblivious to the dirty, stereotypical thinking of the society around him. He didn't exactly know what his sexuality was, but he was sure that he could fall for anyone as long as they managed to win his heart.

He longed for a beautiful soul, not just a beautiful sight. Soon, Naruto found both in one of his classmates, whose name was Haku.

Naruto had admired Haku since the first time he talked to him a few months ago during an exhibition.The boy was so pretty that before their first actual conversation, Naruto had thought that he was a girl.

He saw the upcoming class trip next week as a perfect chance to get to know him better, and that's what he did.

-×-×-×-

After being friends for a whole month, Naruto finally mustered up the courage to confess to Haku over lunch. However, someone saw his entire confession, and the news spread like wildfire.

That was the day when Naruto's life took a huge turn down the path of hatred and criticism. He had obviously been politely rejected by Haku, but after that hour, Naruto became a public target.

Everyone began looking at him with judging eyes that shone with disgust and hatred, as if Naruto was some kind of monster. Everyone, including Haku, avoided him as if he were a plague. The word of it all eventually reached the ears of the parents, who, being the stereotypical homophobic influencers of society, forbade their kids from hanging out with him. They all turned against him.