new year

Annabelle's POV

We have four hours before a new year rolls around. A new year that'll bring a lot of change. But this party is going all night.

Everyone is drinking, but nobody is drunk. We are just reminiscing on a fun year with everyone around us. As I'm eating leftover cake from Alex's birthday, Toby, Charlie, Kristin and Phil come over to grab slices themselves.

"How many slices have you had since his birthday?!" Toby asks, as I have thoroughly enjoyed the cake up until this point. We got a really large sheet cake.

"Jesus," Charlie says while chuckling in response to what Toby said.

"Toby! She's pregnant, leave her be," Phil scolds.

Toby's eyes widen, immediately apologizing, "Oh shit! Was I being offensive? I'm so sorry Belle."

I laugh. I know he doesn't think before he speaks. I don't mind. He's crazy. "It's okay Toby. You know, it's an old wive's tale that if you crave more sweet things, you're going to have a girl. I guess in my case it's true."

"Wait what the fuck?" Phil says. "Wait you're having a girl?"

"WHAT?!" Charlie and Toby both scream, which causes everyone else to turn towards me.

"That's amazing," Kristin says to me, pulling me into a quick embrace. Phil then does the same, congratulating me.

"What are you screaming about?" Fit asks Charlie.

"NOTHING!" Charlie quickly covers.

"Oh I was just talking about how I'm having a girl," I say to Fit. The rest of the house explodes.

"OH MY GOD!" Fit exclaims.

"That's real fofoca," Pac says.

"I KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE A GIRL!" Bagi screams.

"I knew like a few days ago but I kept my mouth shut," Jaiden said.

"You knew?!" Baghera says with a jealous tone to Jaiden.

"A LITTLE GIRL! FOOLISH... YOU ARE DONE FOR!" Tina screams, "YOU WILL NEVER RECOVER!"

"That's crazy," Noah says to her.

"He's actually fucked AND he's going to drop her on the head," Alex continues.

"No! No! Listen, I wanted a girl," Noah starts trying to defend himself. "and I'm not going to drop her on the head!"

"You WANTED A GIRL?!" Tina exclaims. I take my slice of cake over to where Noah is in the living room, now I'm standing behind him while he's sitting on one of the couches. Tina is sitting on the floor across from us.

People come up and congratulate me. I'm being embraced by everyone in the house. They congratulate me, but with Noah they simply make fun of him. Because it's funnier that way.

"Foolish is in for it," Etoiles says, "It's over Foolish. Pack it up."

"He will never recover," Cellbit adds.

"Guys, I swear I wanted a girl. Belle's the one who thought it was a boy, actually," Noah continues.

"For Noah's sake, of course," I joke around with everyone. Everyone erupts into laughs and still making fun of Noah.

"That's so mean!" he exclaims, turning back to me as I pop a bit of cake into my mouth.

"Happy Birthday Alex!" I exclaim, just trying to keep everything lighthearted as everyone begins to calm down. Noah gives me a shocked look as I jokingly ignored him.