you're nuts

Noah's POV

A rainy day certainly is not stopping this crazy train. The next night rolls around, and we are about to set up the bracket for beer pong. Alex had gone out to get more alcohol with Roier and Jaiden while I'm setting up the table like a frat boy and trying to make sure everyone else is entertained.

Annabelle has kept to herself since she fell. Maybe she's embarrassed by it still? I don't know, she just isn't being herself right now. She's on the couch cuddling with Baghera and Bagi. I know the girls stayed up much later than the boys last night, so I'm assuming they were able to bond.

Some of the boys are playing Mario Kart in the living room. Others are in the kitchen helping me by setting up the snacks. Others are just talking. Since we went out to a really fancy lunch today, tonight we feast on pizza that will be brought back with the booze.

After I do my job, I decide to go upstairs to put on a hat. I walk into Belle's room, which is where my Ohio State hat is, and walk into her bathroom, watching myself put it on in the mirror. When I walk back out, I see the papers she had gotten from the doctor. This reminded me that she never truly told me everything, just that she was dehydrated. I just think she doesn't want me to worry about her, so I go back downstairs, respecting her privacy. I don't disturb her as she's resting against Baghera's shoulder, taking a cat nap before the fun begins.

When Alex, Roier and Jaiden eventually come back with the food and booze, the whole place erupts. We start blasting music from the speaker, pouring drinks, and having a good time. After a bit, Alex cuts the music. He immediately gets booed.

"Shut up! Shut up! We are doing our randomized bracket for the beer pong tournament," Alex said.

He puts all of our names in then hits the button. Wouldn't you know it... I'm going up against my girlfriend in the first round!

We are one of the last games set up, so I am watching the other games happen as the music blasts. Annabelle was still hanging around Bagi and Baghera, but when it was Bagi's turn to play against Phil, she wandered over to Fit to chat with him. Is she avoiding me? I have to walk away, grabbing a solo cup and pouring myself some whiskey. I take a sip before I head over to my girlfriend and Fit.

"Hey man, we were just talking mad shit about you," Fit tells me.

"I doubt it pal," I say, wrapping my arm around my girlfriend's waist. She tenses up. She does this when something is wrong. Some screaming is had in the background.

"It's about to be my turn it appears," Fit says, as more screaming ensues as Bagi defeats Phil. "I will catch you guys later."

I take this opportunity to privately talk to Belle, as everyone is so focused on beer pong. I look down at her, having stepped in front of her, "Babe are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah," she lies. I shake my head.

"Annabelle, you've been off since yesterday. Tell me what's wrong."

"I'm fine," Annabelle says.

"No you're not. What's wrong?" I ask, annoyed that I have to pry this out of her, and my change of tone conveys that.

Annabelle starts to tear up as my tone changes. I sigh, I don't mean to make her cry, I just want an honest answer. She's been hiding from me for too long.

"I don't want to play beer pong," she says to me, although I'm not sure if this is what's bothering her or not.

"Why didn't you just say so?" I ask.

Annabelle sighs, now she's flustered, "I don't know."

"It's okay Belle, you don't have to play," I say. It's weird. I know my girlfriend would never pass up an opportunity to kick ass in beer pong. She then rests against my side, now we are gently holding hands. I kiss her forehead. I'm not mad. She just needs to stop hiding from me.

I bring Annabelle closer to the table, as I want to watch the competitions go down. She stays glued to my side, still holding my hand. While I'm reacting to everything, drinking my alcohol. Cellbit asks us if we want drinks. I accept, Annabelle declines.

Soon, it's my turn to go up against Forever in the next round. I watch Annabelle as she goes back to being with Bagi, Baghera and Jaiden, before I quickly drink the rest of my drink and get started. The competition is fierce, it comes close all the way to the end. There one cup left on each side. I can't even see straight anymore. Neither can Forever. After about ten minutes, my ball finally lands in Forever's cup. I scream, flexing my biceps. I walk back over to Annabelle, "How was that?" I asked her.

"What am I, your coach?" she asks me, taking a sip of the water bottle someone had gotten her.

"Well if you were to play you would've kicked my ass and I know that," I say. Annabelle gives a confident smile, I guess the girls had turned her mood around.

"You're nuts," she says to me.

"No! You're nuts! You don't even want to play pong! You love this game!"

"I just like embarrassing you, not everyone around me."

"That's so mean!" I exclaim as Annabelle laughs and the girls are laughing too. Soon, Annabelle parts ways with them to come back with me. I have to play Fit in the next round, so as I'm waiting, Annabelle had gone over to Fit and is now giving him advice.

"Okay! Wait! You can't tell him how to beat me!"

"Yes I can," Annabelle says.

"What the fuck!"

Belle comes over to me, giving me a kiss on the lips and patting my chest gently with her hand, "Good luck."