overwhelmed

Annabelle's POV

Six weeks ago I was in Vegas with all of my friends, performing in a concert and supporting my boyfriend. Today, I hold an envelope that says what the gender of our baby is. Noah couldn't attend the doctor's appointment, and I wanted us to find out at the same time, so I decided that they would keep it secret from me, and just stick the sonogram pictures in an envelope that tell us if we are having a boy or a girl.

I've started to show a lot more now, but Noah's sweatshirts still cover up my bump perfectly. I haven't made an appearance on any of his streams, I'm still nervous that someone will figure me out. I've been enjoying my quiet life, away from Noah's streams. I'm doing more background tracks and less of my own music. Honestly, I haven't really had any good lyric ideas, and it's stressing me out. I find myself struggling to find words and pulling out my hair. My morning sickness hasn't gone away yet, but my doctor said that was nothing to be worried about. Don't worry doctor, I'll still be stressed over this music anyway!

I'm holding the envelope in my hands, having just come back from the doctors, but I decide to set it down on the kitchen counter to go upstairs to get Noah. I peek my head into his room, where he looks over at smiles at me. He mutes his microphone, he didn't know I had just gotten back.

"You have the thing?" he asks. I nod excitedly. His smile widens, rubbing his hands together. He asks for 5 minutes to wrap up his stream, so I go back downstairs and wait for him.

Noah comes rushing down the stairs, still full of energy since he was doing a short stream today. He runs over to me, planting a kiss on my lips. "I'm so excited," he says happily to me.

"I don't want to open it, I'm scared," I say to Noah, looking down at the envelope then back at him.

"It'll be fine, just open it!" Noah exclaims, his nerves are definitely getting to him right now as his face is so full of excitement. He can't sit still.

"Okay, wait, I want to video this," I say, taking my phone out of my pocket and propping it up so that we are both in frame. I hit record.

"Now open it!" Noah says, rubbing his hands together.

"Final guess, boy or girl," I ask.

"Okay, wait, this might be weird but whenever I think about our child I always imagine a girl, so I think I want a girl. But I'll be happy with a boy too."

I smile in response, "You never told me that! That's so funny, because I always think of a boy. But I think that's because you wouldn't know how to handle a girl."

"What?! No! All I gotta do is teach her about football and boom, we are best friends for life," Noah says. I chuckle.

"Okay so I think boy, and you think girl," I finalize. "I'm gonna open it."

"OPEN IT DAMN IT!" Noah says excitedly, jumping up and down. I take the envelope in my hands, opening up the sonogram picture. Noah stops jumping so he can read it with me as the text 'ITS A GIRL' comes into focus.

Noah starts screaming happily and jumping up and down, "I KNEW IT! I HAD A FEELING! I KNEW IT!"

I start laughing as I turn and show the sonogram to the camera, then setting the picture down and continuing to laugh as Noah is screaming like a mad man. He comes over to me, still screaming, shakes me, before kissing my cheek gently. Then he goes back to screaming.

"I can't believe it," I say happily, looking over at Noah and laughing as he is fangirling over this. He curls up into a ball on the floor. I start wheezing in my laughter, "Noah!"

"I KNEW IT WAS A GIRL!" he screams. I'm thankful that Alex and J are not here. I don't want to spoil it for either of them. I'm still laughing, now it's hard for me to stand due to how hard I'm laughing. Noah gets up off of the floor and picks me up, the two of us giggling up a storm. Noah makes the laughter disappear when he connects our lips, soon setting me back down gently. He parts the kiss.

"I can't believe it," he says, a big smile still on his face. I guess he really wanted a girl. He moves his hands down from my back to my waist and pulls me into another kiss.

"My brother is going to be so pissed," I say to Noah jokingly with a chuckle. Obviously there's nothing my brother can do about the baby being a girl. He will still love her, I know.

Noah chuckles, "Everyone else in this house said boy, except for me! I won!" He exclaims in his creepy little voice, before pulling me into another kiss. When he parts, he looks back at the sonogram picture and picks it up, wanting to take a closer look at our baby. He wraps his free arm back around my waist.

"If she has my nose it's so over for her," he says. I burst back out into laughter. He starts laughing with me. I'm glad Noah is holding onto me, or else I'd be on the floor. I think we are both just so overwhelmed with happiness that we can't do anything but laugh.

To think of where I came from, basically raised by my brother and grandmother. I was abused from since I could remember to when we could finally escape my father when I was 15. To look at myself now, having a baby who will be surrounded by dozens of people who will love her. This baby will have the life I wish I could've had. She will be loved, that's for sure.