village

Annabelle's POV

Noah had left to go play with all of his friends. I told him to go have fun, so now I'm stuck in front of a mirror, all by myself. I sigh, slowly taking off my clothes and putting my bikini on. I throw Noah's shirt back overtop, overthinking that everyone will know that I'm pregnant. In reality, I'm not showing at all and I'll be fine, but I don't want to feel that way right now.

When I walk outside, everyone is gathered in the pool, vibing to the music being played. Noah is trying to fight literally everyone, as always. Alex is also in the pool, but still wearing a hat, refusing to get his hair wet.

"Come on in!" Cellbit invites me.

"I will soon," I say, before I sit down on a chair, taking a deep breath to inhale the cologne from Noah's shirt that remained, as Noah climbs out of the pool and makes his way over to me.

"I will pick you up and throw you in again," he says to me.

"Not a good idea," I respond.

He thinks about it, "Right. But you need to get your ass in the pool."

"I don't want to."

"Why?" Noah asks, a smile on his face.

I look at him, then look down to my stomach quickly. He doesn't get the memo. I sigh, leaning over to whisper in his ear, "I think everyone will know."

Noah pulls back, confused as hell. "Nobody will notice," he mouths to me.

I sigh, standing up in front of him. I make him stand in front of me, blocking everyone else from me. I take off my shirt, which actually belongs to him, and stand in front of him with my bikini.

Noah shakes his head, "You're fine!" he says, then picking me up, making me drop the shirt on the ground. He gently takes me into the pool using the stairs, setting me down once I'm in the pool. He then goes back to trying and drowning people, his next target being Fit. I stay in the shallow end with Jaiden, where we just talk about life. It's hard to talk about your life when you're hiding the most important part.

"What do you plan on doing after we leave?" Jaiden asks me.

"Music. That's all my life is," I say, laughing a bit.

"Same, but with animation."

"I mean you've been a gamer as of late," I say as a general observation.

"Yeah, yeah, it's all fun and games," she says. We laugh.

Bagi, Kristin and Baghera end up coming over to us and we all have one last girl talk, just the five of us, while most of the boys are fighting for their lives in the deep end.

Once the sun sets and it gets too cold for the pool, we all set up the fireplace again, this time equipped with all the things needed to make s'mores. I instantly crave these s'mores, digging into the marshmallow bag and putting them on a long stick. Noah was seeing how many marshmallows he could shove in his mouth at a time, and everyone else was watching him.

I'm startled by Forever as he appears next to me by the fire.

"Belle!" he says happily. "You still owe us a song!"

I nod. I knew this was coming, "I want to enjoy my s'more first."

"Okay, but you owe us still!" Forever says, before grabbing a marshmallow and a stick as well. Once my marshmallow is done I put my s'more together before taking a bite. Once everyone pushes Noah to his limit, they all gather around the fire as Noah grossly takes out some marshmallows from his mouth, then shoving them back in, chewing them. I look over at him in disgust, which Bagi flashes a picture of, before going back to making my second s'more.

"Noah, can you grab my guitar from upstairs?" I ask him. He nods excitedly, running back inside. Everyone starts making s'mores and gathering around the fire, no matter if they're sitting on the ground or in lawn chairs.

"I'm not ready for you guys to go home, you guys have been great comfort for me," I say to them honestly.

"I think I speak for all of us when I say we will miss you too, Belle," Fit says, "It's been so much fun getting to know the better half of Foolish."

I laugh, "Yeah, we all know who carries our relationship."

Noah comes back out with my guitar, as well as a pair of my sweatpants, and his shirt that I had been wearing previously. I thank him, putting the clothes back on overtop of my bikini. I take my guitar from him.

"Any suggestions?" I ask.

The group goes wild with some of my song titles, including Fear, Hold Your Breath, Smeared Makeup. The songs just didn't feel right for the occasion, for the mood.

"Noah," I say, which makes Noah give a little 'hmmm?', "Grab my binder from the recording room," I command.

"Yes ma'am!" He says, giving a salute before running off to the house.

"Are we getting a brand new song?!" Baghera says, which makes the others cheer.

"Just a little something something," I say as Noah comes back out and hands me my binder.

"My lady," he says.

"Hold it up for me please?" I ask. The others laugh as Noah has pretty much turned into my music stand. I flip to the page of music I recently wrote, tuning my guitar, and beginning to sing.

This song, which does not have a name, is about fate. How multiple paths cross, stars align, all that fun stuff. How fate connects people, it's unreal. Alex and Noah have given me so many opportunities to meet so many great people. I don't know where I'd be without them, both in my career and mentally. Now, playing this song for all of these new friends of mine, I realize that my child is going to be surrounded by all of these great people. I've heard the saying "it takes a village" before. My brother and I never had that growing up. But for my child, things will be different.