gifts

Noah's POV

We have a quick stop back at home the day after Christmas before we will be in Florida at a beach for a week. We are celebrating Christmas again, this time just the four of us in the house, before Alex, Belle and I all leave the next day. We don't plan to do anything crazy. Just chill out, enjoy each other's company, and Alex is making us some enchiladas for dinner.

Belle, who's exhausted from flying in early this morning, is sound asleep upstairs, while the three musketeers are downstairs waiting for her, eating a small lunch together.

"How many hours is Belle going to sleep for?" Schlatt asks, getting quite annoyed since this is hour two of her one hour nap she had promised him.

"Let her rest," I say, "She doesn't have a lot of energy anymore."

"Has Belle thought more of doing a gender reveal at the meetup?" Alex asks.

"She's doing it, yeah, I don't know the details."

"Can we please stream it?"

"That's not up to me to decide, Belle wants to keep this private. When she changes her mind, then it'll be okay. But for now, no."

"I could make a lot of money off of it," Schlatt jokes.

"Yeah, we know," I respond as Alex starts laughing.

"You only use your sister for views," Alex says to Schlatt.

"Says the one who wants to stream her gender reveal," Schlatt snaps back.

"Okay, dude, not cool," Alex says.

We all migrate from the kitchen table over to the couches once we finish our quick lunch. All of our presents are under the fake Christmas tree that Belle had decorated ever so nicely. I look over at the tree, then down at the presents underneath. I turn back to the boys, now just talking about whatever comes to mind. When Annabelle walks down the stairs, Alex and Schlatt immediately start hounding her for sleeping for so long.

As she walks over to the couch, she sits down next to me, "I hope both of you go to hell," she says and I wrap my arm around her shoulders.

"You're about to spend a week with me and you're going to act like that?!" Alex says.

"I'm about to spend a week with my friends, who arguably like me more than they like you."

"That's so mean! What the fuck!"

"You asked for it."

I get up and grab the gifts for Alex, sliding them towards him, "Open your presents before we have a full on war in the living room."

"Okay Daddy," Alex says.

"Don't call him that!" Annabelle exclaims as Alex breaks out into laughter, "Oh my god you're such a bitch."

I sit back down and wrap my arm around Annabelle exactly the same as before as she leans against my shoulder. Alex opens up everything he got from the rest of us. Gifted a new keyboard from Schlatt, new beanies and sunglasses from Belle and a new sweatshirt from me.

"Thanks guys," Alex says, immediately putting on a beanie and the sunglasses Belle got him. He leans back against the couch, crossing his arms, looking like a bad bitch.

Schlatt goes next, where he gets new shoes from Alex. I gave him some new sweaters, since Belle has been begging him to get rid of some of his old ones that are falling apart. Finally, Belle got him a mini fridge to keep in his room so he'd stop taking up "so much damn space for one fatass" in the fridge... her words not mine. He was very happy in her selection, as he is very selective when it comes to appliances and electronics.

I don't get a turn. I don't mind if people lump my birthday and Christmas together, and that's what both Schlatt and Alex elected to do. I got my Christmas gifts at my parents' house. Plus, I'm having a baby. What more could I ask for?

So, it's Belle's turn. She starts by opening her present from Alex, which is a very expensive pair of sunglasses. She looks over at Alex, furious that he spent that much money on her.

"Those were the ones you liked," Alex argued.

"Don't spend so much money on me next time," she says.

She opens the gift from her brother. It's a bunch of sweatpants and sweatshirts, "Thanks for getting me these!" I guess she knew about them ahead of time. She probably picked them out herself, there's no way she'd let Schlatt pick her clothes.

Finally, it's time for my present. She did get her new headset, as well as some other gifts. But today, I got her something a little different.

I got her some fancy pens and a brand-new journal for her lyrics. I want her to keep making music. She hasn't even touched her journal since she found out she was pregnant. Maybe this new journal will help. It has butterflies carved on the faux-leather cover. She admires the journal for a bit. "This is so pretty, thank you Noah."

"Of course."

I give Annabelle a quick kiss, before she leans back against me.

"I'll get started on dinner," Alex says, getting up and moving to the kitchen to make his enchiladas. Schlatt gets up and decides to go help him. Annabelle keeps the journal in her hands, hugging it close.

"I want you to keep making music," I tell her quietly.

"It's not that I want to stop. I'm just... at a loss of words," she says.

"You'll find them soon," I say to her, kissing the top of her head, "Hopefully this week in Florida will help you. You'll be surrounded by our friends, you'll get to tell them that our baby is a girl... we get to spend new years together..."

"I need to plan that out," Annabelle says, referring to the gender reveal she wants to do. "I'm just thinking of just saying it out of the blue when it comes up in conversation. That always gets the best reactions."

"Alex wants to stream it," I tell her.

"Um, no. We will announce it on your stream on a very random, unsuspecting day," she tells me. I laugh, I know she's been thinking about it.

"With an Instagram post?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course," she responds, looking over at me. I laugh again. "It'll happen soon. Can't hide her forever."