inch

Annabelle's POV

Telling my friends that I am pregnant did not go according to plan. They sounded happy, but in their undertones, they mocked me. They jokingly said I'd lose all of my cool. What about my music, they asked.

What's the difference between me and Carrie's sister? Sure, she's a few years older than me. But what is the difference? Is it because I have a successful career? A life to live? Is it because I travel? Is it because of what Noah does? I had to leave. I was overthinking, pulling my hair, stressing myself out by analyzing the details of everything they did. Everything they said.

I'm driving back home at about 9 at night, tears in my eyes as I pull into the driveway. I walk into the house, not even attempting to hide my emotions. I throw the sweatshirt I had been wearing on the ground, wiping my eyes on the collar of my short sleeved shirt, as Noah and J are sitting on the couches in the living room.

Noah looks over at me, his face now concerned as he sees me with a big pout on my face.

"Babe, what's wrong?" he asks, getting up from the couch and coming over to me, putting his hands on my shoulders and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"They weren't happy for me I don't think," I say to him.

"Oh no," Noah said, "I'm so sorry..." he wraps his arms around me, rubbing my back gently.

"I hate people."

"No you don't..."

"Okay."

Noah chuckles a bit at my response, "Will some of my Chipotle bowl make you feel better?"

"I will throw up if I eat rice."

Noah gives another chuckle, "Alright."

"Do you want a cinnamon twist?" J asks. I let go of Noah, going over to my brother and taking the rest of his cinnamon twists. He stares back at me, "I meant just one or two but..."

"Fuck you," I say.

"Okay."

I sit down on the floor of the living room and start chowing down the cinnamon twists. Noah picks up my sweatshirt from the floor and comes back into the living room, sitting back down on the original couch he was on prior to my return. I sniffle a bit. These cinnamon twists aren't being very helpful.

"I'm taking a twist," J says, reaching over to try and get a twist.

"No go away," I say.

"I bought these myself and I didn't even get one."

I give my brother the middle finger.

"Bitch!" He exclaims.

I get up from off of the ground. I throw a cinnamon twist at him before I turn around and go upstairs, still having at least 3 twists to eat. I walk into my room and shut the door. I have a pounding headache. I lay down on my bed and exhale loudly, my eyes filling up with tears again. I just want to be by myself. I set the bag of cinnamon twists down beside me as Noah walks into the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Go away."

"Uh, no, not happening," Noah says, sitting on the bed beside me.

"Then I'm not going to talk to you."

"That's fine by me."

We sit in silence for a bit as I finish off my cinnamon twists. Noah has a hand on my leg, rubbing it gently as he knows I'm emotional and hurt.

"You don't need those friends, you know," Noah tells me as I continue to lay next to him in silence, "I think Alex has provided both of us with a good amount of people."

I rub my eyes again, soon sitting up and crawling into Noah's lap, resting my head on his shoulder. He rubs my back as he continues to talk.

"Are you okay now?" he asks.

"No."

"What will make you feel better?"

"More cinnamon twists."

Noah chuckles, squeezing me tight, "How about...  I get you something snacks from downstairs... and we lay in bed and get fat together?"

"Okay."

Noah kisses my forehead, before I get off of his lap and let him go.

"I'll be back," he says, before wandering downstairs. I take the outfit I was wearing off and change into an oversized t-shirt and pajama pants, soon laying back in bed, cozy under the covers. Noah comes back up with tons of snacks, dumping them all on the bed before he climbs in himself.

"What do you want to watch?" Noah asks me, grabbing the TV remote from my side table. I curl up next to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Whatever, I'm just gonna go to sleep."

"What about getting fat together?"

"I'm already getting fat I don't need food to do that."

"Okay then I'm watching anime if you're going to be a brat."

"I'm not a brat!"

Noah turns on his favorite show while he rubs my back. After trying to drift off to sleep but my body not wanting any parts of that and every part of Noah, I decide to crawl back into Noah's lap. He lets out a chuckle before I give him a long kiss, entangling my fingers in his hair. He grabs my ass, moaning gently into the kiss. I part the kiss, watching Noah's hands crawl up my sides and under my shirt.

"I love every inch of you," he tells me, giving me a smile before pulling me into another kiss. He moves his hands back down to my waist, pulling away again.

"And I can't wait to raise our daughter together."