i'm here

Annabelle's POV

I wake up in a panic yet again, looking over at my phone. A quick tap to turn it on. 4:30 am. Fuck.

I try to breathe, get my heart rate down as I'm hyperventilating. I had a really bad nightmare about my father. I was a child again. I can't keep going with all these flashbacks, nightmares...

I put my hands in my hair, starting to pull at my scalp. As I do, I start to cry a bit. This alerts Noah, who had been peacefully asleep next to me. He too wakes up in a panic, but in concern, not in fear.

"Annabelle..." he says tiredly, looking over at me as I'm crying. I can't even look back at him right now.

Noah makes me look him in the eyes again. At this point, I am sobbing uncontrollably.  I lean my head into his bare chest, listening carefully to his heart beat.

"I'm here... remember? Nothing bad is going to happen with me around," Noah tells me. I want to believe him, I really do. But all I feel like doing right now is crying.

"You remember when you told me you could imagine us getting married and having babies?" His question grabs my attention as I look him in the eyes.

"Wouldn't it be nice to just skip to that part?" He asks, "To leave all these worries behind, and to worry about a wedding venue and what food we will have there?"

As he continues to ramble on about the future, the possibilities, I start to calm down. I'm trying my best to crawl my way into his skin, that's how close I am to him right now.

"I love you, Noah," I say to him.

"I love you too, Annabelle."

————

I wake up the next morning to the smell of coffee and an empty bed. As I slowly make my way out of bed, I notice that Noah is on the balcony connected to the bedroom. He sips his coffee quietly, looking over at the ocean on a very sunny day in

"Noah," I say quietly. He quickly turns his head around, then coming over to me and greeting me with a kiss on the lips.

"Good morning," he says to me, "You doing alright?"

"Yeah," I say, before he gives me another kiss on the lips.

"So today is all about distracting you from what's going on. I think today we should go to the beach, hit up the arcade, get a nice seafood dinner..." Noah starts.

"Can I have some coffee first?" I ask him. Noah hands me his cup and I take a slow sip. I'm glad we have the same coffee preference. Just add creamer.

"So what do you want to do today?" Noah asks me.

"Going to the beach would be nice," I suggest.

"Alright! Perfect! I will get us ready!" Noah says, before wandering off to pack a beach bag for us.

Neither of us came prepared with chairs or anything like that, so we just packed our towels and sunscreen. We got into our swimsuits and took the easy walk from our condo to the beach. Noah found a nice spot to set up our towels. Thankfully, the sun wasn't too brutal today and there was a faint breeze, so being able to lay on our towels was very pleasant. But Noah didn't lay down for long. He had gotten up, walked a few feet away, and then he just started... digging... with his bare hands.

I look over at him, unsure of what he was up to. I laugh a bit, "You good?"

"Yeah!"

Not streaming for over 24 hours has really gotten to him. He starts flinging sand behind him, trying to create a nice hole that any man could be proud of. I watch on, not really sure how to react. It's entertaining, don't get me wrong. But he's definitely coping with being taken out of his normal environment.

I decide to shut my eyes for a bit, just trying to relax to the sound of the ocean that's a few feet away. I don't know how much time has passed when I'm disturbed by Noah hovering over me.

"Look at my hole!" he says, and I sit up on my blanket. He made good progress, considering all he used was his hands.

"Very nice babe," I say to him. He gives an excited chuckle before he comes back over to me, sitting down on his towel.

"I want to put you in it," he tells me.

"No. I don't want sand all on my ass."

"I'll clean it off real nice, I promise."

"Don't put me in there Noah."

"Come on! Please!"

"No!"

I end up losing this fight when Noah picks me up and takes me over to the hole he dug. He sets me in the hole, giggling a bit.

"You look so cute!" he says happily.

I am unamused with the sand getting all over my body. I love the beach, I just hate the sand everywhere besides my feet.

"Beautiful!" Noah says, trying to put a smile on my face. Once he sees that I've been in here too long, he picks me back up and puts me back on my towel.

"I want to go inside now," I tell him, arms still crossed. Now I'm just being playfully mad. He can tell.

"You still want me to wash you off?" he asks, getting down on one knee in front of me, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Only because you're offering," I say to him, giving a mischievous smile right back to him.

With that, we pack up our stuff and walk back up to the condo. We take off as much sand as we can with the hose provided, but when we get back into the condo and make our way into the bathroom... that's when the real fun begins.

Before we start making out, taking our swimsuits off, Noah walks into the bathroom and smiles and nods, giving me a goofy "yeahhhh" as he looks at the shower.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask.

"This is definitely a sex shower," he responds.

"What?" I say, laughing at him.

"The glass... the space... this is a sex shower."

"You're actually weird," I tell him.

"Hey, you're the one who chose me."

I run my hands on his bare chest, "I know... I have no regrets."