merry

Annabelle's POV

I'm greeted in Ohio on Christmas Eve by Noah's sisters. I take Christmas very seriously, now that I actually have the opportunity to celebrate it.  Thinking about it, having a baby is going to make everything even more serious. My daughter will have the greatest Christmases ever. Anything she wants. Baking cookies, spending hours outside in the Ohio snow, watching as many movies as humanly possible.

As Noah is now driving us girls back to his house, I look out the window to see the perfect white snow covering the ground. It's the middle of the day, so the white snow is glistening ever so perfectly in the sun. Tonight, we are going out for dinner. Tomorrow, we celebrate Christmas with gift-opening, cookie making, and a full homemade dinner. A classic Brown family Christmas, as I've spent one with them before. It's tradition for them, and I enjoy it a lot.

Noah's family is all dying to know the gender of our baby. I am purposely waiting until Christmas Day to tell them, which is driving his sisters crazy. They want to know now.

The first thing everyone wants to do is go outside in the snow... and by everyone, I mean Noah. I elect to stay inside with his mom, where we catch up on life, I show her my most recent sonogram pictures. Noah and his sister's are playing football in the snow, dropping every pass Noah throws. Noah's mom makes me hot chocolate, and I stare out the window watching the FG siblings play in the snow.

"How has Noah reacted towards you about being a father?" I ask, sipping my hot chocolate. I know he tries to call his mother everyday when we're at home, but I usually don't invite myself into the conversations.

"Oh, Annabelle, he's over the moon about it. He's so excited to be a dad. He's scared, sure, but all first time parents are."

I nod my head as Noah gets tackled in the snow by his sisters. "I fear that once the news gets out, people won't take it well."

"Don't think like that sweetheart. You guys will be just fine."

————

The next morning, Christmas Day, is surrounded by all of Noah's family. It feels so good to have a family who loves me as much as they do. During our morning breakfast, that's when I tell everyone I'm having a girl. Everyone erupts happily, while Noah kisses my temple, a hand around my waist.

We open gifts, where I receive the headset I had mentioned wanting before from Noah. I also get some new jewelry from Noah, which I always enjoy. Noah's mom made me a baby blanket. Which made everything feel so much more... real. She tells me she had made me two blankets, because I didn't tell them if it was a boy or a girl until today. So, I received a pink baby blanket, laced with gold. It's so soft, so comforting.

I look over at Noah, who's sitting beside me with his hand on my back. He knows the holidays are a hard time of year for me. I love decorating for the holidays, and I am just starting to celebrate them. It reminds me of all the horrible holidays that came before this one. But I've promised myself time and time again that I will get better about it. I know I will. Next year I'll have a child to celebrate with. I think that'll make all the difference.

Noah and his mom talk about the blanket, while I sit there taking it in. This is the first gift I have received for the baby. I know this is the first of many, but it's still so mind-boggling to me. I'm grateful that my daughter will be surrounded by so many people who love her. She will never have to grow up the way I did. She is already so extremely lucky.

That afternoon I attempt to help Noah's mom make dinner, but I'm shooed out of the kitchen, she doesn't want any help. I accept my fate and head up to Noah's room to take a quick breather away from everyone. That's when Noah walks in the door, shutting it behind him. I'm now laying on his bed, and he comes over and sits on the edge of the bed, looking down at me.

"You've been quiet all day, since Mom gave you the baby blanket," he says. Thanks Captain Obvious.

"It's the first gift I've gotten for her."

"You're going to get a lot of gifts for her."

I sit up, "I know, but this was so sweet and I just— it's all hitting me now. I've been on cloud nine until this point. Now I feel... nauseous."

Noah adjusts himself so he's sitting fully on the bed, facing me, sitting crisscross. I adjust my feet so I'm sitting the same way.

"I've been nauseous since you told me Belle," Noah admits.

"How do you keep it down? You stream for eight hours a day and you act like nothing happened."

"I don't know. I just do. I turn it all into excitement. One more day down means one day closer to actually meeting her."

I lean back against the headboard of the bed, nodding, "We will be fine, right?"

"Of course we will. Don't doubt us, Belle. We've already overcome so much. Individually, and together."

Noah comes in and kisses me on the lips. He then pulls me into his lap as I wrap my legs around him. He breaks the kiss, admiring me in the cream colored sweater I had put on. I had curled my usually pin straight hair and put on mascara. He smiles, "I can finally tell you that you look beautiful today."

"Thanks."

Noah smiles. He brushes his hand on my cheek, knowing exactly how to calm me down. After giving me another quick kiss, he pulls away and admires me yet again, his voice quiet as he says, "Merry Christmas, Belle."

"Merry Christmas, Noah."