a lifetime ago

Annabelle's POV

"Hello chat," I address to Noah's stream. I haven't been on a stream in nearly two months. It's the day before Thanksgiving, and I am in Ohio to spend Thanksgiving with Noah's family. I made sure to cover my stomach, wearing an oversized sweatshirt, as well as holding one of Em's squishmallows in front of my stomach. You know, like TV actresses do.

Noah had started his stream, but since he wasn't in his chair, I took over.

"Long time no see, pals."

I watch chat go wild over my presence. I know Noah was just planning on doing a chill Just Chatting stream, so I keep it calm. I hum Rasputin to myself, playing with the tag on the squishmallow.

"I do not know where Noah is but I can guarantee you he's not getting his chair back. Did you guys know that we dated once before?"

I watch chat's reaction, as they want a story time. I give a smile, feeling a little nostalgia being back in Ohio.

"Okay, okay. Here's a little backstory. I was hired by Quackity in January of 2021 to help with music and script writing for the start of his Las Nevadas arc. We met on a Discord call Q had put together to plan everything out. Noah and I ended up getting right back on a private call the next day. He wanted to talk about his character's lore. Which was a lie. He just wanted to talk to me."

I pause as I look over at the bedroom door to make sure Noah isn't walking by. He said he was getting some of the food his Mom made us and a cup of coffee, but I guess he got distracted.

"So, in February, he comes over to my apartment that I'm living in back in New York. We hit it off instantly, he was only supposed to stay a few days, he stayed a whole week. He went back to Ohio and after every one of his streams for like two months, we'd talk on discord for hours on end. He came back to New York, asked me to be his girlfriend, and that kind of cycle just repeated. The calls and then I'd either go to Ohio or he'd go to New York."

Noah walks into the room, chuckling at me as I'm just yapping away, "Whatcha doing?"

"Telling chat about how we dated once prior."

"Oh yeah you dumped my ass."

"I haven't even gotten to that part yet. Anyway! As I was saying, March of 2022 comes around, we had been dating for a little over a year at this point. My brother asks me to move to Texas with him since my grandmother had passed away around that time. So I was like oh man! The distance is already so hard, just imagine doing Ohio to Texas and vice verse. Aka, I was being a pussy. Plus my grandmother had just died so I was really fucked up about all that."

Noah sits down in the chair where his shark costume lays, just letting me speak. I turn back to him to make sure he isn't up to no good. He's smiling.

"Be quiet," I say to him.

"I didn't say anything!"

"Then stop smiling."

I turn back to chat as Noah starts laughing. I roll my eyes.

"So I move to Texas, then break up with him, start dating my ex almost immediately after. Then Noah moves to Texas too and the rest is history. We are for lifers."

"For lifers," Noah repeats, "Can I have my stream back?"

"No."

He chuckles again, now I'm turning back to chat and trying to pick out little comments or questions to respond to.

"Did we just keep it secret or am I stupid? Yeah, we kept it hidden the first time around. I feel like the second time around everything is just different. But in a good way. Very happy to be back together. Very happy to be public. The one time he hopped on stream when we were both in North Carolina, we were dating. That was in like June of 2021 or something like that. We were with Karl. Fun times."

"I remember almost like holding your hand but then saying to myself fuck we're on stream and having to resist every temptation," Noah cuts in.

"Be quiet," I scold again.

"Sorry."

"But, honestly, the first time around feels like a lifetime ago. Because it is. We've both changed and grown so much since the last time we were together. But things are going well now."

I spin around in Noah's chair a few times before realizing that it is making me extremely nauseous. I stop, laughing a bit to myself. Noah starts laughing with me, soon taking the headset from me. He lets me keep the chair though.

"I didn't plan on this exactly being the stream but that's what you all get I suppose."

"I basically took over your entire stream, how do you feel?"

"Oh I don't care."

"Chat loves me more anyway."

"I really can't argue with that."

I make a heart with my fingers are show it to chat, then putting my arms back around the squishmallow that has been hiding my small baby bump.

"What else do you want to talk about?" Noah asks me, but then chat starts suggesting some ideas.

"My music? That's boring," I say as I'm reading chat. I don't like thinking about my music anymore. I've fallen into a really bad slump. I can't even make background tracks, but I'm too scared to tell Alex that. I've lost my creative flame and I have no idea how or why.

"Our plans in Ohio? Eat as much food as we can, put up Christmas decorations the next day, then go home," Noah says.

"I am a master at decorating for Christmas," I inform chat, a smug smile on my face. "I'm also really great at gift giving, as it turns out."

"What do we want for Christmas? Eh, I already got enough. You know, the girlfriend and all that," Noah says.

"Well I think a new headset for me would be nice," I say.

"You're a scumbag."

"Don't worry guys, he still loves me."