uncle

Annabelle's POV

My brother comes home from Japan today after two weeks. At any minute, he's going to walk in that door, unbeknownst to him that he is going to be an uncle. It's been about a week since the QSMP left.

"I'm just going to start calling him Uncle Schlatt," Alex says, as the two of us are chilling in the living room while Noah wraps up his stream for the day. We had agreed to not tell our fans until it was obvious and unavoidable. Or, at least, until we find out the gender. We will come back to the topic later. But, for now, it remains a secret between the people in this house, and soon Noah's family.

Noah comes downstairs, sitting on the couch that I'm laying on.

"If we just keep calling him uncle J he will get really confused, especially coming from you, Alex," I say to the group.

Noah gives a light chuckle, "Uncle Schlatt."

"Do you think your brother will react well?" Alex asks me.

"I think so," I say, "If I'm happy about something, he usually reacts positively."

We all stop as his car pulls into the driveway. I get up from the couch and go outside to greet him, a big smile on my face.

"I missed you!" I say excitedly as he gets out of his car.

"Hey Belle," he says, going to get his suitcase out of the backseat, "How was the meetup?"

"So much fun, we did karaoke, laser tag, we got in the pool, had life changing conversations, you know how it goes," I say, going over to him.

"Sounds fun. I'm going to take a nap," J says, starting to walk inside as I trail behind him.

"Okay Uncle J," I say. He stops for a second. He shakes his head, thinking I'm just messing with him, then he heads inside.

"Hey! Uncle Schlatt is back!" Alex exclaims.

"Uncle Schlatt?" J questions.

"I will make us all dinner in a few hours!" I exclaim, trying to not allow him to think about it for too long.

"Free food let's fucking go," Alex says, going over to Noah and high-fiving him.

"Okay. Goodbye," J starts to go back upstairs.

"Goodnight Uncle J!" Noah exclaims.

"Don't call me that, I'm not an uncle!" J yells as he's walking down the hallway. I hear his door shut and we just all start laughing like immature children.

"Keep the bit going," I say.

A few hours pass of Noah and I cuddling on the couch. Alex had left to wait for my brother to wake up. I get up and go to the kitchen, I am very hungry and I want to eat now. I get out a big pot, some ground beef, vegetables amongst other ingredients. Tonight, I decided to make our grandmother's soup that she always made for us once we moved in with her. She made it on special occasions, and it was our favorite. My grandmother taught me the recipe and I know it by heart.

I start by cutting up an onion, which Noah comes over to help me prep. "Have I seen you make this before?" he asks.

"My grandma's soup? Yeah, when I was living in New York," I say.

"Oh right! Karl was flying in that night to see us," Noah says. I chuckle a bit. I do love Karl. I miss him a lot.

"We should have Karl over soon," I say, "I know he's busy. Just whenever," I say, before putting in the now chopped onion in the pot, with the ground beef and olive oil, turning the stove on.

"We should have Karl and Tina and do some stuff with them," Noah says to me, coming around the kitchen island to stand next to me. After adding in the water, tomato paste, tomatoes, vegetables, potatoes and all the spices and ketchup, I stir the pot up a good bit before placing the lid on top, then wrapping my arms around Noah.

"I wouldn't mind making out with the mother of my child in this kitchen right now," Noah says to me, picking me up and setting me on the countertop. We kiss for a few seconds, before he parts our lips. He takes me back off the counter before we begin kissing again, not letting go of one another.

Alex comes downstairs and into the kitchen, "Jesus, she's already having a baby, not much else for you to do there," Alex says. Noah laughs, turning into a windex bottle.

"ALEX!" I exclaim, letting go of Noah.

"WHAT?!" Alex says. Noah is cackling.

"Jesus Christ..."

"I'm the reason you two know each other in the first place, I can make whatever jokes I want!"

J starts coming down the stairs, "I smell soup," he says, then coming into the kitchen and making himself a cup of coffee.

"Hey Uncle Schlatt!" Alex says.

"Stop calling me that," J says, then turning to me. "Are you making Grandma's soup?"

"Well, Uncle J, as a matter of fact, I am," I say, checking in on the soup.

"Stop calling me 'Uncle'. Why are you all doing that?" J says, going over to the Kurig to make himself a cup of coffee.

The three of us don't answer. Noah starts laughing a bit.

"Stop laughing!" J says, then laughing a bit himself, which causes Noah to turn back into a windex bottle.

"Okay Uncle Schlatt," Noah says, then bursting into laughter again.

"This bit is some elementary school level shit, stop it," J says.

"Uncle J, this isn't a bit," I say to him.

"Knock it off, Belle," my brother scolds.

"It's not a bit!" I exclaim.

"What are you talking about?" J questions, taking a sip of his now freshly brewed coffee.

"Noah," I say, motioning him to go and find the sonogram pictures. I don't know where he put them, he was the last one to have them. Noah is still laughing, but starts to cool down after heading up the stairs.

"I'm really fucking confused," J says, taking another sip of his coffee before setting it on the nearby kitchen table. I get out some bowls before setting them on the counter near the pot. I also grab some spoons.

"Wait," J says. I can see the wheels turning in his head. "What?" His brain is still not fully functioning, still recovering from the overseas travel.

Noah comes back downstairs, giving the pictures to my brother, "Don't kill me, please," he says, before running back over behind me.

J takes a long look at the sonogram pictures. He reads my name in the top corner. "Belle..."

I smile, "J..."

"You're actually having a baby? This is not a bit?" He asks, looking over at me.

"Yeah, this is really happening," I say happily.

"Damn... I'm gonna be an Uncle." I can't quite read his facial expression in this moment.

"Uncle Schlatt!" Alex exclaims, coming up behind my brother and grabbing onto his shoulders.

"Huh... are you... you're happy about it?" J asks.

"Yes, we're both really excited," I tell him.

J nods, "Congrats." he comes over to me and gives me a light hug. I knew his reaction wouldn't be over the top.

"So... you're not going to kill me?" Noah asks.

"No! No... this is great for you guys. I'm happy, truly," J says, letting go of me before handing me the sonogram pictures. "Just... caught me off guard, that's all."

"Okay, then let's dig in," I say, laughing a bit. I don't think much about his reaction. It's my brother, for god's sake. He's also tired from flying. I'm sure that's it. Don't overthink it.