attached

Annabelle's POV

My father visited us yesterday. Now, I'm laying in bed watching the sunrise. I got no sleep. While Noah, who is laying beside me, is sound asleep. I get out of bed, wandering downstairs to see my brother laying on the couch, checking the cameras on the TV.

"J..." I say quietly, "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for Alex to get back from the airport..." He lies, sitting up. Alex had left a few days ago to celebrate his birthday early with his family in Mexico.

"No, no you're not."

"Fine, you got me. I'm afraid he's going to come back. You need to move out. I'll pay for the house at this point, Belle. I know he won't hurt me. But he would hurt you."

"But he did hurt today, J."

"I know."

I sit next to him on the couch, where I take a deep breath, "I'm just attached to you, I guess. You raised me. You kept me alive."

"You don't need me anymore. You have Noah. He's handled himself. With Corey, he beat the shit out of him. He kept me from going to jail. You're in the right hands, and I wouldn't want to let you go if I didn't believe that was true."

I smile at him. Thinking of Noah, talking about him. All the worries disappear, "Yeah, Noah's the one."

"I'm going to find you a house. Right now. Because I'm not sleeping, obviously."

I rest my hands on my stomach, "Go ahead, but you're not buying the house."

He looks over at me, then looking at my hands, then back to my eyes, "Okay, I'll give in, is it a boy or a girl?"

"Oh you want to know?"

"I mean, I know it's a boy."

I give a chuckle, "It's not, J. It's a girl."

"What?!"

I start bursting out into laughter.

"Man... there goes my entire life savings," J jokes,  grabbing his phone from the coffee table in front of him. "This is why I'll never have a girlfriend, girls are expensive."

"Okay, calm down."

"I'm just saying!"

"Shush!"

My brother takes to his phone, I guess he's looking for houses now. As I lay down beside him, I finally find myself able to drift asleep.

————

I wake up to Noah taking over where J sat. I look up at him, where he's brushing my hair out of my face. I don't know what time it is.

"I found a house, we should go look at it," he says, "But it's only open for another two hours. So get ready, I'll make you some cereal."

I nod my head, sitting up gently. I walk upstairs, looking for clothes to wear. I try on a pair of jeans, but I realize I can't fit into them anymore. I try one more time, getting frustrated and deciding to settle for leggings and one of Noah's sweaters. Now that I'm upset over my jeans no longer fitting, I make my way back downstairs to the kitchen, where Noah has a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch ready for me. He takes one look at my face, and knows.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

I let out a sigh, taking the bowl of cereal from him, "My jeans don't fit anymore."

"Babe... let's not be upset over this. You're growing a baby."

"I wanted to look cute."

"You always look cute," he says, giving me a quick kiss before I shove the Cinnamon Toast Crunch into my mouth, not losing eye contact with him. He laughs.

"You're not having a bite," I say.

"I don't want one."

"Okay."

I finish up eating my cereal before we hop in the car, driving about 20 minutes away to this open house. It's a nice house, a typical family house. Potentially for our family.

We get inside, where there are a few other couples checking out the house. I look over at Noah, who looks just as nervous as I am. We are greeted by a realtor, where I speak up and say we're just here to browse.

Noah and I look around the living room, kitchen. The house is so open, which I like. We go upstairs, three bedrooms. All nicely sized, with the master bedroom having a bathroom attached. The other two bedrooms share a bathroom. The basement, completely finished, would be perfect for Noah to keep streaming. The backyard is nicely sized. It's a very pretty house.

I just think it's all scary. I think Noah is thinking the exact same. I grab the realtor's contact information, just in case, before the two of us get back in the car.

"How are we feeling?" I ask Noah as he starts driving away.

"I'm feeling like an actual adult. That's scary."

"We're going to be parents..." I say, "We have to move. We have to."

"I'm ready, don't get me wrong. Change is just weird."

"Which will scare you the most? The new house or having a whole child?"

"Obviously the baby, but I think I'm also more excited for the baby than moving."

"We're changing our whole lives."

"I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else," Noah says, putting one of his hands on my thigh.

"I'm going to be a lot less stressed when we move. I don't want my father ever coming back to find us," I look out the window, not wanting any part of my father anymore. We need to leave.

"I don't want you to be stressed anymore."

"We keep saying this. But I think once we move into a house, just us and our daughter, everything will be okay. We might not be able to protect her from all the bad in the world, but we definitely need to protect her from him."

"Absolutely, Belle," Noah agrees, "She will be protected at all costs."