calm

Annabelle's POV

I'm waking up to Noah kissing my cheek over and over. Grumpily, I roll away from him. He pulls me back.

"Nooo," I whine.

"I gotta go to the gym," Noah says. He gets out of bed, putting his pants and shirt back on.

"Nooo," I continue.

"You're not coming with either. I know you won't be able to walk," he said with a wink. He then laughs, giving me a kiss on the cheek again. He then leaves the room.

I shut my eyes again after watching him leave. I wake up a few hours later to my brother pounding on my room door. I put an oversized t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants on quickly to go greet him. Noah was right, it hurts to walk.

J doesn't ask questions when I open the door. He just gets straight to the point.

"Belle. Will you go shopping for me today?" He asks.

"Groceries?" I ask. Groceries are usually my job.

"Yeah. The boys put together a list. Take my card," He says, handing me the list and his credit card.

"I'm gonna buy a new Tesla," I joke.

"Don't buy anything else you fucking—" J stops himself, grabbing my head, staring into my eyes.

"Love you!" I say enthusiastically.

"Okay, I'm going to the office." he says, before walking away.

My brother doesn't say it often. I guess we both have had our fair share of issues in the trust department. Leaving New York was hard for both of us. It was an easier decision for my brother. I'm glad he had a place for me. The first person to ever make me feel wanted was my brother.

I close the door and start getting an outfit together to go to the store. I hear my brother leave the house. I look in my closet for something sensible, deciding to sport an oversized purple t-shirt and black athletic shorts underneath.

I take my time putting on a bit of mascara before I head downstairs. The front door opens again, and in walks Noah.

"You're going grocery shopping with me," I say to him immediately.

"I have to take a shower... and stream," he says.

"Take a shower. Your stream can wait," I tell him.

Noah sighs and goes upstairs. I lay down on the couch and wait for him to come back. I read through my emails, nothing too crazy going on there. I'm waiting on the rights to a few songs I want to do covers for.

When Noah comes back downstairs, I hop off of the couch and put my white Nike tennis shoes on.  I hold the list, my phone and my brother's credit card in my hand. Noah puts his shoes on, grabbed his keys and away we went.

"I should really be streaming right now," he tells me as he's driving the short drive to the grocery store.

"I just think grocery shopping is better when you have someone with you," I say to him.

"You just want to spend time with me, don't you?" Noah says, peering over at me and smiling.

I cross my arms, not responding as he pulls into a parking spot. We go into the grocery store and I grab a shopping cart.

We have fun frolicking around the frozen foods and gathering what is needed for the house. J sure does have a lot on this list. I'm curious as to if we are having people over.

We get to the checkout, making sure I got everything on the list. After we pay, we put the grocery bags back in our cart and go back out to Noah's car. He opens the trunk for me, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Now where was that in the grocery store?" I ask.

"Oh so we are going public?" he asks.

"I mean— a little kiss when nobody was looking would have been nice," I respond quietly.

"Oh—" Noah is taken back. "It's too soon, isn't it?"

"Yeah— I'm sure Corey would get pissed," I say.

We get started getting the groceries into the trunk of his car. I hear a motorcycle screech by. It stops in front of us. I swear to god—

The motorcycle speeds away. I turn to Noah, now grabbing at my hair in the back of my head. Noah does not know about my hair pulling. It's a terrible habit I developed while being with Corey, he must've stressed me out so bad that my only coping was pulling at my hair. It made the stress feel so minimal.

"It's okay, Belle," he says. He puts the rest of the groceries in the car. He puts the cart back in the cart return quickly, seeing that I am completely still.

"Belle," he says, grabbing onto my waist. I snap back, turning to him. "Belle he's not going to do anything. Not with me around."

I rest my head against his chest, where he gives me a kiss on the head.

"Let's go home," he says.

Noah walks me to the passenger's seat, where he opens the door for me. Once I get in, Noah gives me another kiss on the cheek before closing the door.

He gets in the car, making sure that the drive home is as painless as possible. Once we get to the house, I see my brother outside with the motorcycle we saw earlier. Wouldn't you know who was standing next to him— Corey.

"Go away fucknut," J says to him. At this point, I'm grateful our house is in a more remote area. We don't have any neighbors within a half a mile of us.

"I just want to talk to her," Corey says. Noah goes over to J. I decide to stay behind Noah's car. Alex comes outside, grabbing my arm frantically.

"Belle, let's go inside," Alex says, "You don't need to face him."

I try to disagree, but Alex's grip is strong. I get up, and Alex takes me inside. I run upstairs to grab something my brother gave me completely as a joke a few Christmases ago. A pocketknife.