future

Annabelle's POV

Once Noah and I had gotten back home, Noah was right back in the pool with everyone as if nothing happened. Meanwhile, I was upstairs in my room with the papers in my hand. I unfolded it, my future in the palm of my hand.

I had read it before... and the doctor verbally told me, but now that I'm sitting by myself, it all feels so real.

I fold the piece of paper back up as I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Phil and Kristin weren't sleeping in my room anymore as I was afraid that the atmosphere would get them sick. Forgetting that I left my door open, here comes Vegetta walking by. He stops, seeing me sitting on the bed.

"Are you not coming back to the party?" He asks.

I look over at him, "I'll be back eventually. I just need to recollect myself, that's all."

"Oh! No worries, we will be waiting!" He says happily, walking into Alex's room where he is sleeping to grab something from his suitcase before rushing back down to the party.

I run my hands through my hair. I start pulling for the first time in about a week. The future has never given me stress until this very moment. What am I going to do? I can't leave the people for too long, they'll get suspicious. I don't change back into my swimsuit. Instead, I go back outside in Noah's blue t-shirt and my black biker shorts, being greeted again by everyone. They had all left the pool, now the boys were just playing football in the yard. I put a smile on my face and sit back down with the girls, hoping Noah didn't tell them that we were at Patient First.

But no, they acted as if I didn't leave, including me back in their conversation. Except, it was just them making fun of the boys, which I was happy to join in. Noah and Vegetta were trying to get one another onto the ground.

"They're gonna make out!" Cellbit calls out, causing the others to laugh.

"I don't think my girlfriend would like that!" Noah exclaims, still trying to tackle Vegetta to the ground.

The girls watching can't help but the laugh as the sun is setting. Alex had gotten out the fire pit to light, which Noah has taken full responsibility in doing. This totally won't backfire in anyway possible.

The girls pick up some chairs and move them closer to the unlit fire pit in the grass, and then I went to get some more lawn chairs from our shed. While most of the guys were still fucking around with the football, Alex, Noah, Cellbit and Forever were working on a fire.

"Let's fucking go Foolish, light that shit up," Alex says, having added all of the wood to the pit.

"Light it up!" Cellbit exclaims. At this point, I had missed most of the drinking that had occurred, so all four of them were, at the least, tipsy. Vegetta comes over to join them, now they're all egging Noah on to light the match and throw it into the fire.

Once he does, he screams as the fire erupts, and the men all cheer. Alex turns on some music, and now they're all dancing. The girls, now intoxicated enough, join in. Leaving me, sitting by the fire. I don't mind being alone in this current moment, because I can drown out my thoughts by watching everyone else have fun.

I decide to go back inside after a bit, walking back to my room to grab my guitar. While I'm good at playing both guitar and piano, I'd take a piano any day of the week. But, I can't just move my piano outside, so I take my guitar instead. I sit back outside on the ground, far away from the music and the commotion, just warming myself up by strumming basic chords. I don't sing, just quietly playing a song to myself, not wanting to disturb the chaos going on in the grass. As I play, which requires no thinking from me, I look over at Noah and sigh, instead of thinking about the music I'm playing, I'm now thinking about our future.

Where does it go from here? What am I going to do? What is Noah going to do? He's having so much fun. I'm afraid I'm going to take that all away from him.

So, I look back down and continue to play. Bagi comes over to me, a seltzer in her hand. She sits on the ground next to me.

"Want a sip?" she asks, offering me her seltzer.

"No thanks," I say with a kind smile, looking over at her.

"What song are you playing?" she asks.

"Oh, I'm just playing random chords. Not an actual song."

"It's very pretty."

"Thanks."

We sit for a bit as I continue playing. Now I feel like I'm taking the fun away from Bagi. I don't want any of them to feel bad that I'm over here by myself. I strum a few more chords.

"You don't have to stay with me, you know," I tell Bagi.

"I want to get to know you! You're a part of all this too!"

I smile at her, "Are you sure?"

"Yes Belle!"

We start talking a bit about music as I show Bagi a few basic tricks I know on my guitar. We laugh a bit as I mess up a few times. She's definitely distracting me from the chaos inside my head.

"Play me your favorite song," she says. I nod, before Noah comes over and sits with us. He's clearly drunk, as he now lays down on the ground.

"Play a song!" he exclaims.

I shake my head at him before I start playing the chords to "Don't Understand" by Post Malone. I just learned this song, so I'm making sure I don't miss any chords. I start singing the song as well, as Bagi begins to sway along and Noah puts his hands up and lets them sway from side to side. I'm laughing as I'm singing the song, having glanced over at my boyfriend looking like an absolute idiot. Once I sing just a verse and the chorus, Noah cheers out loud as Bagi gives me quiet claps.

"You're so good!" Bagi tells me.

"Ah, it's nothing," I say. Bagi then gives me a hug, wanting to go back to all the singing and dancing by the fire. Noah sticks around with me, vibing to whatever music is being played as he is still laying in the grass.

"I am the luckiest guy in the world," Noah tells me, "Because you are my girlfriend. And I love you."

I can't help but to chuckle at him, "I love you too."

"I can't wait to spend my entire life, my whole future with you!" He says in a sing-song tone.

I start laughing again, he is so hard to take seriously right now.

"But first I need to get Vegetta back in the pool," he says, then getting back up and chasing after Vegetta. After some fighting, both of them end up back in the pool. Then, they're joined by most of the others, all going back to either drowning each other or wrestling each other like they did earlier. The girls stay out of it, finding themselves in the hot tub. Besides Alex, who comes back over to me and sits with me.

"I'm not drunk, I promise," he says to me, which I don't believe. "I've only had a seltzer and a shot."

I nod, having laid my guitar on the ground. Alex picks it up and starts playing it, which proves to me that he's not drunk.

"You haven't been yourself since you fell, what happened?"

"I just don't feel good, that's all," I say.

"Is it the demons or is it actually physical?" Alex asks.

I chuckle, "A little bit of both."

"Ah, well, since it's going to rain tomorrow we're going to have a beer pong here, so maybe that will make you feel better."

I give a nervous laugh. He knows I can't resist beer pong. "Yeah, I guess so."