give in

Noah's POV

I went back to my room fuming on the inside. How could someone be so heartless to her? I spend my night on Valorant, trying to distract myself from what I know. I'm playing with Tina. Suddenly, I just let the whole story come out while I'm in the call with her. I recap everything from my move. Once I'm done, I die in the game.

"Fuck!" I scream.

Tina takes a second before she responds, "Well... Foolish... she clearly still loves you."

"Yeah, and that's the problem," I say, "She's stuck with him."

"If she loves you, she will be able to escape. Just give her time. It's a lot for her to process right now," Tina advises.

We go back to absolutely dominating in Valorant.

————

The next night is Annabelle's gig. Alex, Schlatt and I are all planning on going to the bar she's performing at to support her. She left a few hours ago, so now the boys are getting ready to hit the bar.

Once we arrive at the bar, the turnout is better than I expected. I've been keeping track of her uploads and follower counts, she has really grown the past two years. I am always listening to her music. I use it for my streams too, with her permission of course. I know most of the words to her music. I'm a fangirl, what can I say?

I scan the crowd of people. A notable absence in the crowd is Corey. Does he just not show up because of the crowds? Or was this on purpose?

"How y'all doing tonight?" I hear Annabelle say into the microphone. The crowd immediately cheers.

"For those who don't know me, my name is Annabelle Schlatt. I produce my own music and I do covers, so I hope you all enjoy this set I put together for y'all!"

The crowd cheers again. She immediately starts with her guitar to a classic white person country song, "Before he Cheats," by Carrie Underwood. It instantly gets the ladies in the room into the music. It's a small bar in Texas, this song just fits.

The boys, being reserved, we just nod our head and sip our beers to the music. Once Alex and I are quite a few drinks in, we find ourselves dancing along to some of Annabelle's most popular songs. Schlatt doesn't drink more than a single beer, he's our designated driver for the night.

Once Annabelle was done for the night, the now severely intoxicated patrons were shouting for an encore. At this point, I am sobering up a bit. I notice her flare jeans, paired with a sparkly black bralette. Her hair is curled, her makeup done perfectly. She looks gorgeous.

Annabelle chuckles, then sees me in the crowd. We lock eyes. She smiles, "This one is for a good friend of mine."

My favorite song of hers, "Talk Less, Love More." She wrote it about us, when she had flown into Ohio and stayed with me for a week. We talk so much on the phone and on Discord, that when we find ourselves outside having a private picnic in a local park, there's nothing for us to talk about. So we just enjoy being in the moment. We enjoy just being in love. Barely any words were exchanged, and it's one of my favorite moments with her.

The drunk people just sway together in masses. Alex puts his arm up and sways with them, but he's stuck with Schlatt and I at our table.

Once her gig is over, I know it'll be a while before she gets home. The three amigos head home. Schlatt and Alex head to bed, as it's now midnight. But I wait for Annabelle to return, sitting on the couch, drinking water and eating a bowl of rice with some soy sauce. The rice quickly sobered me all the way.

When Annabelle comes in the door around 1 am, she instantly comes over to me, sitting down on the couch.

"Corey didn't show up. He never misses a gig," the tiredness in her voice is prominent.

"I'm sorry," I say. "You played the song. Why?"

"I just saw you standing there. I didn't see him. I just thought it was appropriate to thank you," she explains.

"Annabelle, do you still have feelings for me?" I ask, turning to face her.

"I don't know," she answers truthfully.

Unsatisfied with the response, I get up from the couch and start to head upstairs. She follows me, stopping me before I go into my room.

"I don't want to be chasing after you. Just come to me. If you have any unresolved feelings you need to sort those out now. Not just for your sake, but for Corey's and for mine," I say to her quietly, frustrated with the fact that she stopped me.

She takes my hand and pulls me into my room, shutting the door behind us. She sits down on my bed after letting go of my hand.

"Nobody gets me like you do."

As Annabelle tells me this, I sit on the bed next to her. I just want her to stop worrying. I want her to know that she will be okay.

"Belle," I say, stopping her from speaking again. She looks into my eyes. Suddenly, she presses her lips against mine.

In an instant, all by my instinct, I grab her by the waist and pull her into my lap. She wraps her arms around my neck, taking a fistful of my shirt in her hands. We stop to breathe, taking each other's shirts off before going back to passionately making out. I pick her up and set her gently in my bed. I know she doesn't like to be rough. Her hands are clawing at the button of my jeans, and I allow her to take my pants and my boxers off, exposing how hard I am. Quickly, I do the same to her. We part our lips.

"What are we doing?" I ask her.

"Reuniting," she responds, before she draws my lips back to hers.