Chapter 47

Concerned for Lusamine's well-being, Lillie and I make the decision to ride on Lunala's back into the Ultra Space. Fortunately, we are able to successfully enter the Wormhole that Nebby, now evolved into Lunala, has created.

"So, what is this place?" Lillie asks me.

"This is probably the Ultra Deep Sea... a place where Nihilego lives..." I say.

We notice that besides me, Lillie, and Gladion, there are also the four trial captains who are with us. The girl named Mallow remarks, "So this is the Ultra Beast's world!"

"Those gems, they're beautiful..." Lana comments.

"I've never seen anything like them!" Sophocles exclaims. "Are they made out of rock or metal?"

The alternate Lillie expresses, "How... surprising. It's more beautiful than I would have expected... but the air is so thick here... It...almost hurts to breathe..."

"Are you scared, Lillie?" The other me asks.

"I'm not sure... Nebby evolved, and I'm in a different world, and there's just too much that has happened..." Lillie mutters. "We should go..."

Then we notice that Nebby, now Lunala, is staying there, so we move forward and encounter numerous Nihilego. Gladion explains, "Those are UB-01 Symbionts, they're the same kind of Ultra Beasts as the one who took my Mom."

"Where is she... mother..." Lillie mutters.

As they continue forward, they encounter Guzma, who appears startled, resembling someone who has seen a ghost. "I'm the Team Skull boss, and I've never been scared of anything or nobody. Heck, I live my life making people scared of ME! So listen to what big bad Guzma has to say..."

Suddenly, he yells, "Y'all are stupid!"

"Guzma? What's wrong with you?" The other me asks.

He jumps down from the rock and says, "How in the world did you even get to this place? I've got no idea how you did it, but here you are. It's all dark here... I've got no clue what's going on, but there are beasts everywhere... I tried to catch one of those things..."

Then he lets out a roar before saying, "but it possessed me! And that's when it happened! My body, my mind... They started running wild, and I couldn't do anything about it! It was like I became somebody else, and I finally felt what fear feels like! It was terrifying!"

They express their concerns for the Team Skull Boss, and he continues, "I may be the Team Skull boss, and I've never been scared of nothing or nobody, but... that lady... she's on another level! She's way far gone! She lost her mind over these Ultra Beasts. There's no talking to her, no reasoning with her... She's just gone..."

Lillie shakes her head and insists, "That doesn't change anything. We still have to go!"

Gladion affirms, "We've already come this far now, so we're not going to stop."

Kiawe surveys the area and suggests, "It looks like we'll have to split up to increase our chances of finding Lusamine."

"Split up? I don't know. Getting separated scares me," Mallow admits.

"You normally do research and make sure you're prepared before you go exploring an unknown world, but there was no time for that!" Sophocles adds.

The other me intervenes, "Hey, don't worry, Sophocles!"

"Tell me one reason why I shouldn't!" He mutters before attempting to dodge a passing Nihilego.

"Our Pokémon, they're with us, right?" The other me points out.