Chapter 46

ies toward us, breathless. "Ash, Alice, and Rei! Hey, Ash, Alice, and Rei! Have you heard? There've been reports of a massive shadow appearing in the Cobalt Coastlands and then vanishing without a trace."

Laventon turns to us, his expression filled with concern. "Ash, Alice, and Rei, you must tell me...You went to the Temple of Sinnoh with Volo, correct? What exactly happened...?"

"Volo turned out to be a villain..." Alice explains, recounting our harrowing experiences to Laventon, who listens intently, surprised by our ordeal.

"I see...In that case, the shadow in the Cobalt Coastlands may be none other than Giratina, the Pokemon said to have once been banished to the reverse side of our world. I do believe this calls for a survey...The Cobalt Coastlands are pretty vast. I hope you have some idea where to look!"

We nod in determination, but before heading out, we decide to check for new missions at the Galaxy Hall, only to encounter Cogita already there.

"I've just been told of the foul plan Volo had concocted," Cogita sighs deeply. "Well, think no more on that scoundrel, he got what he deserved in the end. Just another tale of passion burning too bright and consuming its bearer. That is what happens if you allow it to."

Turning her attention to us, she asks, "But what about you? Are you making progress with your... what do you call it, studies of Pokémon? Surveying, was it?"

"It's going all right," I reply with a nod. "Just a few more to finish up."

"Indeed? Well, Hisui still holds more fascinating Pokémon. If you're available, would you mind coming to speak with me at my place?" Cogita asks.

Nodding in agreement, we acknowledge the importance of their prior commitment. "We'll come to speak with you afterward, Cogita," we assure her.

With resolve in our hearts, we journey toward the Turnback Cave in the Cobalt Coastlands, intent on investigating Giratina's activities. Upon our arrival, we discover Gina, still in the form of Giratina, and she questions our presence, asking, "What brings you here?"

I step forward, filled with remorse for the past actions that led to Gina's banishment into the Distortion World. I approach Gina and speak with a tone of sincerity, "I've come to apologize for banishing you to the Distortion World. It was a grave mistake, and I deeply regret the pain it caused you."

Giratina, still wearing a shroud of resentment and hurt from the past, gazes at Arceus with a mixture of anger and sorrow. "You have Dad banished me to that world without understanding, without mercy," she responds bitterly. "The pain and isolation I endured... You cannot comprehend."

I nod solemnly. "I know my actions were unforgivable. But please understand that it was a decision made out of fear and uncertainty. I deeply regret the suffering I caused you. I seek only to make amends now."

Alice steps forward, her voice laced with empathy. "Giratina, we've learned much on our journey. We've witnessed the consequences of mistakes and the importance of forgiveness. Ash truly wishes to make things right. We come from the future, and you treat Ash as your own brother, loving him as a sister should. So please..."

Gina, conflicted yet moved by Alice's words, peers into my eyes. "Can you truly understand the torment I went through?"

I reply, "I can't pretend to fully comprehend your pain, but I vow to do everything in my power to make amends, to right the wrongs I've committed."

Gina regards me for a long moment, contemplating my words. Slowly, the edge in her demeanor softens. "Your words... They seem genuine. But forgiveness is not easily given nor earned."