Chapter 15

After getting back to Jubilife Village, we are greeted by Beni. He says, "Found her by the scent of my mochi, did you? Of course, you did. When you have my level of skill, your handiwork can be recognized from a mile away. Remember to be thankful for getting to eat such masterful mochi when you come for dinner later."

"We'll do that later," I reply.

"But first, don't you owe Kamado a report? Your meal can wait," Beni insists.

After that, we head into the Galaxy Hall and meet Kamado, who says, "So you successfully calmed Lilligant."

"We do, sir." We reply at the same time.

Kamado nods, "Excellent. There may well be times when the Galaxy Team will be forced to fight against Pokémon, but it is all for the sake of creating a new home for ourselves, free from war and strife! ...Strangers fall into our world from a rift in space-time... Then frenzies are induced by strange lightning, which likewise falls from that very same rift... But you have no connection to the lightning. Isn't that right?"

"We don't," Rei affirms.

"We may need to investigate the rift itself to prove your motives are beyond impugning," Kamado says.

Then we decide to do more things at Crimson Mirelands until we get the fifth rank ready. We get our fifth star and also get a recipe for Wing Balls, which are the stronger version of Feather Balls.

After Akari and Laventon arrive, we manage to order some more potato mochi, and Beni brings a giant plate to the table. "There you go. Piping-hot potato mochi, fresh from the stove."

After he leaves, Laventon says, "Now this is the life, eh? Enjoying tasty potato mochi with friends, sharing the latest findings from our Pokémon research, and topping it all off with a good night's sleep... Truly, who could ask for anything more!"

Akari says, "I don't disagree... Yet I keep doing the same thing day after day - is it really getting us anywhere? With our research or with carving out a life here?"

"Don't worry, our research is doing great. We've already recorded over half of the Pokémon found in the Hisui Region, and we've completed a lot of research tasks as well," I reassure.

"Ah, well. Here's a flashy new recipe to try, Ash, Rei, and Alice. It's for an item that should help scatter these gloomy thoughts," Akari says as she hands over the recipe for the Scatter Bangs, which need a Pop Pod and a Caster Fern leaf.

"I was thinking when we're going to get this since some of the research tasks require us to scare Pokémon," Alice says to me, and I nod. "With this, our missions get easier."

Laventon says to Akari, "Come now - don't worry yourself so, my girl! As a wise man once said, 'Trust in yourself, and you will find your way.' These words are worth taking to heart! As long as we truly believe in ourselves, I'm sure we'll even complete that Pokédex of ours someday!"

After talking some more, we decide to go back to our quarters to rest. While watching the full moon, I have Ursaring hold the Peat Block and let it evolve into an Ursaluna.

Ursaluna: The Peat Pokemon: Ground and Normal Type. Evolved from Ursaluna with Peat Block during a full moon. I believe it was Hisui's swampy terrain that gave Ursaluna its burly physique and newfound capacity to manipulate peat at will.

The next day, the three of us are ready for a new day as we hear a voice, "Mornin' sleepyheads!"

The three of us turn around and see Arezu with an old lady. Rei asks, "Arezu? What are you doing here?"

"You'll never guess what! Adaman! I'm gonna start working at the hairdresser's shop! Now you'll be able to try out my own original hairstyles! Isn't that super exciting?"