Chapter 42

There's an abundance of activities awaiting us in the Alabaster Icelands, and our initial destination is the Pearl Segment, where we're set to rendezvous with Irida. As we approach, she greets us enthusiastically, exclaiming, "Hey, everyone! I was just about to go find you and tell you about this precious—incredibly precious—thing I found! Are you curious? Tantalized?"

"Don't tell me you're going to act like Adaman..." Alice mutters. "Just get to the point."

"As you should be. There isn't a single person in all of vast Hisui who wouldn't be interested in treasure. But anyway, before I show you...Can you guess what I want to do?"

"You want a battle," I mutter.

"Yes, exactly! I want to be able to achieve feats like yours - like what you did atop Mount Coronet. Now give me one moment. I need to center myself."

Irida takes a deep breath and takes out the Celestica Flute. She blows a soothing melody as the whole Pearl Clan listens. Once it's done, she says, "My partners and I are going to get stronger and travel all across this wide world!"

She goes with Espeon, Glaceon, and Flareon to battle. Alice is the one battling as she goes with Samurott and Goodra. The battle ends with Alice's victory as Goodra manages to shield their attacks and Samurott works hard in battle.

"I wonder, Ash, Alice, and Rei...Are there people even stronger than you out in the world, with Pokemon stronger than yours?" Irida asks.

"We've struggled a lot at first." Rei says.

"I'll just have to find out for myself, I suppose! Here! The treasure I promised you." Irida gives us the Lustrous Globe, which we are also familiar with. "I'm told this once belonged to the founder of the Pearl Clan! It's somehow connected to almighty Sinn- er, to mighty Palkia, I mean. And since mighty Palkia's with you now...I'll entrust the Lustrous Globe to you, too! Thank you, everyone, for everything."

We nod as they we out the new form of Palkia, and it is very delighted to be in the Origin Form once again.

As we ascend to Lake Acuity, we find Uxie nestled inside the cave. Uxie says, "I have been waiting for you. I understand your purpose and rest assured, I will grant what I can offer."

"That's wonderful," Alice responds.

"However, there's something I wish to inquire about. As the keeper of wisdom, I am curious about you. You're all from the future, what are you going to do if your mission is cleared?" Uxie asks.

"It's simple, we have to leave, and we promise that we're going to release all of you because we will be capturing you in the future." I say.

"Wise counsel indeed. It's evident why I can place my trust in you to encounter me," Uxie acknowledges before letting us capture him.

Upon our request, Uxie presents us with the Draco Plate. Inscribed on it are the words, "Three beings were born to bind time and space," referring to Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

"We're only missing the one for Normal—the Spooky Plate—and the Pixie Plate. If our next destination is the Snowpoint Temple for Regigigas, then the Normal plate should be there," I deduce.

"Then let's head there; Snowpoint Temple isn't far from here," Rei suggests as we make our way toward their next destination.

Inside Snowpoint Temple, instead of heading upstairs like before, they opt to go downstairs, encountering a door shaped like Regigigas blocking their path.

"I suppose this is the door, right?" Rei inquires.

"It looks like it," I reply.

"Oh! Wouldn't have expected to run into you up here, Ash, Alice, and Rei. What are you up to?" They turn around to find Adaman and Sabi standing there.