Chapter 43

We're still relying on the Ultra Space GPS, currently stationed at the Aether House. As I glance around, I notice my alternate self and the trial captain hurrying in, accompanied by a Yungoos. "I've returned with the Yungoos," they announce.

At that moment, a scene unfolds with the children in a state of panic, and Hau lying on the floor, appearing injured. The alternate version of myself exclaims, "Hau! What happened?"

Struggling to speak, Hau weakly responds, "I'm sorry! I... I can't even force a smile right now..."

"Stay calm, Hau. What's happened?" inquires the trial captain.

"Miss Lillie!" cries one of the children. "She's disappeared!" This revelation startles all of us.

"Where could Lillie be!?" demands my alternate self. But Hau, reverting to a vacant expression, remains unresponsive.

"HAU! TELL US WHERE SHE IS!" My counterpart's frustration peaks, and Hau murmurs, "That Plumeria woman returned the moment Acerola had departed..."

As the story unfolds, my Lillie takes a sharp breath and murmurs, "No... was I going to be kidnapped here..."

"We won't allow that to happen. I promise," I assure her.

"I'm supposed to be a Trainer! I have all these Pokémon with me! Yet, when it counted, Lillie had to protect me... Lillie, who isn't even a Trainer and is afraid of Pokémon!" Hau expresses in frustration.

In a rush, Gladion arrives, sharing the same anger as me. He demands, "WHERE IS SHE?"

"Gone," my other self informs him, observing Gladion's face flare up with rage.

"Explain!" Gladion commands.

"Team Skull took her," Hau mutters, triggering Gladion to grab him by the shirt, slamming him against the wall.

"You're all so useless and feeble that now Cosmog is... Lillie is... Arghhh! You infuriate me!" Gladion shouts, releasing Silvally from its Pokéball, its helmet absent.

"Silvally doesn't have its helmet?" Hau stammers.

"Gladion!" My other self intervenes. "We'll retrieve her and Nebby, but only by aiding each other! What will you achieve in a futile battle like this?"

Gladion begins to calm down. "That was a mistake... We'll depart from the ferry terminal. You're coming, whether you like it or not. The only question is, are you ready to leave now or not?"

"Of course, I won't let anyone harm Lillie," my other self affirms.

"Good... Then let's go." With that, they all vacate the Aether House. Captain Phyco responds, "Seems like you were kidnapped... but was it truly Team Skull?"

"No... I believe they were paid off by the Aether Foundation," I suggest. "Especially considering that your mother in this reality is an Ultra Beast enthusiast..."

"No matter the reasons, I just can't stand it," Lillie says, her expression clouded with a frown.

As we transition to the Aether Foundation, a chilling scene unfolds before us, something that could haunt our dreams. Lillie is bound to a chair, with needles piercing into her wrists. Her mouth is slack, drool trailing down the side, and her once vivid green eyes now possess a haunting, pale gray-blue hue.

"Oh no... not this machine..." Gladion's face drains of color.

"What's happening, Gladion? What is that machine for?" my other self queries.

"It's the memory-erasing device. Lusamine uses it to extract memories associated with specific keywords or commands, all part of her twisted plan to mold us into perfect children. Fortunately, I found a loophole and restored the memories that she wiped. But for Lillie..." Gladion's voice trails off, a heavyweight in his tone. "She's set on level 9."