Chapter 8

As we await the completion of the camp construction, we embark on the task of evolving our Stantler into Wyrdeer. Our strategy involves teaching Stantler a new move called Psyshield Bash. To trigger the evolution, we plan to have Stantler employ Agile Style of this move a total of 20 times.

Wyrdeer: The Big Horn Pokemon: Normal and Psychic Type. Evolves from Stantler after using Psyshield Bash in the agile style at least 20 times. The black orbs shine with an uncanny light when the Pokémon is erecting invisible barriers. The fur shed from its beard retains heat well and is a highly useful material for winter clothing.

With the completion of the construction, Professor Laventon warmly greets us, "Here we have it - our new base camp upon Deertrack Heights! I'll call it...the Heights Camp! From now on, when you set out from the village, you can ask to be escorted to this base camp to start your excursions directly from here."

"Having another base camp to start from will be a great help on our surveys!" Akari says.

"You're right." Rei nods.

"Nice work today, everyone. What say we all head back to the Wallflower?" Akari asks.

Curious about our progress, Professor Laventon decides to check out our progress. Our diligent efforts in capturing Pokémon have proven fruitful, resulting in a substantial increase in our earnings. Buoyed by our success, we set our sights on achieving the second rank, that is once we meet Captain Cyllene.

Prior to pursuing the second rank and meeting Captain Cyllene, we make a brief stop at Wallflower. Professor Laventon, with familiarity evident in his voice, calls out, "Beni, old chum, the usual potato mochi, please! And make it for five today!"

After giving us the plate, Beni says, "Have you all heard the grave news? The frenzied Kleavor from the rumors...It ended up mauling some of our Galaxy folks who went out to investigate it this morning. The Medical Corps has had a hard time getting all the injured back on their feet..."

"Ah. This is the Kleavor that was reportedly struck by powerful lightning, yes? I did hear he's been behaving most erratically since then..." Laventon says, "Still, if further investigation is in order, the Survey Corps will, of course, step up to the task. A certain amount of danger is inevitable when researching unfamiliar Pokemon, but I'm sure Ash, Alice, and Rei here can handle things just fine!"

"Are you certain? I've heard Kleavor's so mighty, even alpha Pokemon don't compare to him..." Akari stares at the Professor.

"Now now! You forget that the strengths of Pokemon are key items of information that we of the Survey Corps are duty-bound to research. And since this perilous work of ours calls for a clear head and fighting-fit physique...I do believe a good night's sleep is in order after this fine meal."

Once we are back at our lodge, Alice asks, "So what is a Kleavor?"

Rei shares, "Kleavor marks another evolution for Scyther. Typically, trading Scyther with a Metal Coat results in the evolution to Scizor. However, an alternative path exists—by trading Scyther with a Black Augurite, it transforms into Kleavor instead. This unique Pokémon boasts a Bug and Rock typing. Notably, the Black Augurite is listed as one of the rarest items to come across in contemporary times."

"Black Augurite... that's a new one for me too," Alice remarks. "Let's hope everything unfolds smoothly."

"Agreed." I respond, and with that consensus, we opt to take a well-deserved rest in preparation for the challenges that await us the next day.

"Good morning, Ash, Alice, Rei!" Akari's lively voice disrupts our attempts to grab a few more minutes of sleep. I groan, "Can't we just catch a bit more shut-eye..."