Chapter 39

As our journey on Lunala continues, we're nearing our home destination. Yet, right before our arrival, a peculiar portal catches our attention positioned alongside the exit to our home world.

Lillie inquires, "Why is that portal there?" while I examine the Ultra Space GPS. "It appears that the world beyond the portal matches the same year as our world... Yet, inexplicably, it feels like it's beckoning us."

Turning to me, Soliera asks, "Captain, what's your take on this?"

"Since we're familiar with our route home, perhaps we should explore what lies beyond that portal," Captain Phyco says as we decide to enter that portal, only to find ourselves in the Alola Region.

"Alola...?" Lillie utters, surveying her surroundings. "This is the Alola's Training School located in Route 1..."

"I agree... but why are we here in the first place?" I express, feeling a sense of confusion settling in.

"Hey, you're acting as if you're afraid of Pokémon," we overhear this world's versions of me and Lillie talking as we swiftly hide in the bushes. Lillie then queries, "Are those... us?"

"You're correct... they do resemble us," I respond with confusion.

"I'm not scared. I adore Pokémon... well, at least from a research perspective," Lillie asserts with a slight pout.

As we observe from our hiding spot, three more individuals approach the counterparts of me and Lillie. The person with orange hair remarks, "The thing is, Lillie can't touch Pokémon."

"I can touch them if I want to, theoretically. I just choose not to," Lillie complains.

"Don't get frustrated, Lillie. One day, if you want, you'll be able to touch them," the girl with green hair consoles her.

As we witness my other self introducing himself, he is suddenly pulled away by the girl with green hair. Soliera remarks, "Ah, so that clarifies what the other versions of yourselves meant by your 'Pokémon phobia'."

"And you're afraid to acknowledge it," I remark in response, causing Lillie to blush slightly before pouting. "Luckily, I'm not afraid of Pokémon," she adds confidently.

Captain Phyco stares intently at the Ultra Space GPS and queries, "So, what does this button do?"

I glance at the button on the device and without hesitation, I press it. Suddenly, we find ourselves propelled forward in time to several days later. "Seems like we can manipulate our time and space... quite handy," I remark, noticing the capabilities of the device.

As I attempt to alter our spatial coordinates, we find ourselves situated in Hau'oli City. It appears that Lillie and I are out shopping, but the noticeable change is that Lillie now has an Alolan Vulpix by her side. "So, that's Snowy... as an Alolan Vulpix."

"It was incredibly adorable," Lillie remarks wistfully. "I truly wish I could meet my own..."

Then, we overhear the other Lillie inquiring, "So Ash, do you select all your own clothes?"

"Well, most of the time she does, and I appreciate it," the alternate version of me replies.

"I... I've always worn the clothes my mother wanted me to wear. I'm unsure what would suit me," the other Lillie confesses with a frown. "I tend to get lost easily... I can't navigate the roads here... I struggle even to buy my own clothes..."

The alternate me frowns slightly before reassuring her, "Don't worry, Lillie. Just keep trying until you succeed. I'll lend you a hand along the way."

Then we watch them leave, and I say, "Wow... she acts totally the opposite of you... I wonder if it is related to what Ms. Lusamine has done to you..."