Chapter 35

As we emerged from the cave, we were met by Adaman and Irida eagerly awaiting our arrival. Adaman urged us, "You'd better take that Red Chain up to the top of the mountain. That Pokemon threatening to descend on the peak any moment now...I think...it may be almighty Sinnoh. But all this has to be stopped, and you're the only one who can do it!"

Irida adds, "Almighty Sinnoh seems to be nearly here, but still the commander obstructs us..."

We all gaze toward the sanctuary, as we stroll toward the top to find Kamado wearing a suit of dark protection. Kamado sees our appearance and he says, "You again...I've heard that this Red Chain of yours will "bind the world." I assume that to bind the world means to hold the world together, keeping it as it's meant to be. A welcome idea...but can I truly put my faith in such tales?"

"You need to trust us, Commander Kamado," I say.

"Indeed, Commander, please! Be reasonable!" Irida adds. "I understand that you're bound to protect your people as commander of the Galaxy Expedition Team - I have the same duty toward my clan. But doubting Ash, Alice, and Rei like this...You're not just wrong - you're a fool!"

"Irida?" Alice gasps.

Kamado brings down his head and says, "Perhaps you are right. But if I were to simply place my faith in these three, and that faith was to be betrayed, then how could I possibly face my people?"

"You may think you're the only one desperate to protect the people of Jubilife, but you're not!" Irida says. "Ash, Alice, and Rei are putting their lives on the line as well!"

Kamado suddenly outbursts, "Fine! Enough! Let fate decide what happens next! Whichever of us is stronger will prevail! Face me with your Pokemon, Ash, Alice, and Rei! Today we battle in earnest!"

I decide to battle since Alice just battled Beni, and Kamado conveys his Braviary while I go with Avalugg. Avalugg goes for the Ice Fang, yet Braviary figures out how to evade the assault and goes with Air Slash, causing a great deal of harm to Avalugg.

"Avalugg! Agile-style Ice Shard, then use Crunch!" I shout, and Avalugg uses both moves to get a great deal of harm to the Braviary.

"Esper Wing!" Kamado orders and it gets a basic hit on Avalugg, then it attempts to rehash it, just for Avalugg to evade the attack. Eventually, Avalugg takes Braviary out with a Mountain Gale.

Basculegion is my chosen Pokemon to battle against Kamado's Golem, which happens to be his second Pokemon.

The Stealth Rock attack by Golem results in sharp stones being scattered around Basculegion.I express my confidence, "Basculegion, I trust you and use Wave Crash!"

Basculegion lands a powerful hit on the Golem, dealing super-effective damage. However, Basculegion also suffers from a significant amount of recoil damage. Luckily, its increased speed allows it to dodge the Rock Slide attack. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Basculegion finishes off the Golem with a Shadow Ball.

Clefable is the third Pokemon, so I decide to switch to Sneasler for the battle. Unfortunately, Sneasler ends up taking a hefty amount of damage from Clefable's Calm Mind and Psychic attack.

"Sneasler, I understand that you're not very strong against it, but use Dire Claw!" I command. Surprisingly, Sneasler successfully poisons Clefable. Unfortunately, Sneasler gets knocked out in the process. As a result, I opt to switch to Pikachu for the battle.

With a swift Iron Tail, Pikachu takes down Clefable. The next opponent is Snorlax, who tries to use High Horsepower, but Pikachu evades the attack with ease.

Ash shouts, "Pikachu, use Rock Smash!" Pikachu follows the command and delivers a powerful attack that hits the mark. Snorlax retaliates with a devastating Giga Impact, dealing significant damage to Pikachu. However, Pikachu remains resilient and counters with a Thunderbolt, ultimately defeating the last Pokemon in the battle.