Chapter 2

"Wake up!" We hear a faint voice, and as we make sure they hear it or not, we hear the voice again. "Ohhh...Do wake up, won't you?"

When we slowly open our eyes, we see a Rowlet, a Cyndaquil, and an Oshawott looking at us, along with someone behind the three Pokemon. He is wearing a lab coat with some symbol on it, and he seems to be concerned. "Are you three alright?"

I look around and I find that Alice, Espeon, and Pikachu are slowly waking up, along with my brother, or I should call him Rei. The man says, "You three gave me quite the shock, falling from the sky like that... But thank goodness, you seem unharmed!"

"Um...sorry to be rude, but who are you?" Alice asks.

"I'd like to ask you the same! I mean...you fell out of the SKY, you understand. Come now - who in the world does that?!" The man sighs. "I must say, your clothing is...unusual. You wouldn't happen to have an acquaintance in these parts, would you?"

"I don't know about that..." Rei says, knowing that we have to disguise ourselves like we don't know anything in front of the man.

"I see...You seem to be in a bit of a pickle." The man sighs. "Might I offer some directions? Do you have somewhere around here you could stay?"

"I don't think we have, we don't know where exactly we are." I say.

"So you don't know anyone here, and you don't even know where to spend the night... Well...this is a proper pickle indeed. Are you quite sure you'll be able to survive?" The man continues to ask.

"What do you mean by surviving?" I ask. "That sounds horrifying..."

The man notices our frown and he says, "I see...Well, no gentleman would abandon three people in such need!"

As he hears the three Pokemon's cry, he says, "Oh my, I'd completely forgotten! I had just caught up to these three runaway Pokemon when you tumbled out of the sky...It's almost as if they knew you'd appear here! Ah, but do you even know what a Pokemon is?"

"I mean, you can see that we have those two here." Alice says.

"A Pikachu and an Espeon." The person smiles, "My, that's a relief! Though you fell from the sky, it seems we have some common ground, eh? Yes, well, these three Pokemon belong to me, the mysterious creatures that they are! Oh yes, and...what might your name be?"

"My name is Rei, and this is Ash and Alice." Rei decides to introduce ourselves to him.

"Oho! So you're called Rei, Ash, and Alice! Those names have quite the ring to them! I imagine they must have some lovely meaning. Oh, but I do apologize! I haven't even introduced myself! My name is Laventon. I am something of a Pokemon Professor."

"I guess so, judging by your outfit?" I note.

"That is to say, I'm a scholar seeking to deepen our understanding of Pokemon." Professor Laventon says as he turns to the three Starter Pokemon. "Yes, Pokemon such as these three here, whi-"

Before he can finish, those three Pokemon run off again. Professor Laventon gasps, "Oh, blast and bother! My darling Pokemon! Why must you run from me again?!"

"Does that happen very often?" Alice asks.

"I'm terribly sorry, but do you think you could help me round them up? I beg you!" Laventon says as he runs off, "Wait, you three! Waiiit!"

I turn to the others and say, "That's weird, but does that mean we actually succeeded in traveling back in time?"

"I think that's right. We're now in the Ancient Hisui Region." Rei says. "So have you guys lost anything?"