Chapter 32

Arriving at Alabaster Icelands, we make our way up to Lake Acuity. "I wonder why Lake Acuity is so high above the ground..." Alice muses.

"Yeah, it took us a while to get here..." I mutter, feeling the dizziness from looking up at the sky while climbing.

"But here we are: Lake Acuity! You know, I've been told it actually contains seawater as well. Nobody knows why, though - it could be a fluke of geography, or perhaps it's connected to a Pokemon somehow," Volo smiles, sharing his knowledge.

"Lake Acuity is protected by the Pokemon Uxie," I add. "When Uxie took flight, the knowledge to solve problems was born in people's minds. That's what the stories say, anyway."

Similar to before, Alice's Arc Phone beeps and glows, creating an entrance, just like at Lake Verity.

"A tool that can make caves simply appear from nowhere is quite a handy one to have!" Volo remarks.

"I wonder what waits inside..." Irida muses.

As we enter the cave, Irida shivers and comments, "I sense a chill in the air... What is this?"

"Even the cold-unaffected Irida feels the chill... that means this is not good..." I mention.

This time, the attack comes as a Shadow Ball from an Alpha Hisuian Zoroark, determined to attack us, just like the Baneful Fox from the previous encounter.

"Could...could that be the dreaded Baneful Fox?" Irida asks. "I'm not sure..." Alice says as she decides to battle using Samurott. Zoroark goes for an attack, and I warn, "Watch out, Alice! It's going for Bitter Malice!"

"I know, I'm not going to let it freeze Samurott though. Cut it with Ceaseless Edge!" Alice commands.

Samurott manages to cut through the attack and retaliates with Night Slash, dealing substantial damage. "It's a good thing that Samurott has become the same typing as Greninja," I remark.

"If you think of it, I wonder why Typhlosion is not the same type as Delphox while the other two are the same as Chesnaught and Greninja..." Alice muses as she successfully captures the Baneful Pokémon.

"The Baneful Fox...even though I have already told you guys once back at the caverns, still, it is a Pokemon said to be filled with malice. We were told stories about it as children." Irida recalls. "Yeah, you did mention that," Alice responds as Uxie suddenly appears before us. After chatting with our own Uxie, the past one announces, "Come. I will test your knowledge. Combee. Zubat. Unown. Magneton. Dusclops. How many are their eyes? Tell me each, one by one yet all at once. Answer me."

We exchanged surprised glances; we didn't expect this kind of question. "Well, Combee is a Pokémon made with three faces, right? So that means there are 6 eyes on them," Rei starts.

"For Zubat... didn't we do a request from a person from the Security Corps about how Zubat can navigate through the dark by using soundwaves, and we did find out that Zubat doesn't have any eyes," Alice recalls.

"Unown is the easy one, considering we have searched every corner of Hisui for all 28 of them. They only have 1 eye each," I continue.

"Magneton is also an easy one, it consists of 3 Magnemites, and each of them only has one eye, so that is 3 eyes." Rei adds.

"And for Dusclops, we did try to find one for Iscan's request for the Dark Pulse, all that was for making the Noble Basculegion's favorite food. It only has one eye," Alice finishes.

"The answer is 60131," I confidently respond to Uxie.

"You are correct. Take this piece of the spirit to bind the world once more," Uxie hands over a claw.