Chapter 19

Amidst our time in the chilly Sevestar Region, we stumbled upon fascinating revelations amidst the biting cold. Surprisingly, not only is my eldest daughter an Elite Four member specializing in Ice and Steel Types, but we also discovered that Bonnie has become an Elite Four member specializing in Dragon and Fairy Types. It's intriguing to learn about Bonnie's choice, especially considering her companions, Dedenne and potentially Sqiushy, in this world.

As we engaged in conversation with this world's Serena, exchanging stories of our past adventures, the version of myself from this reality posed a curious question, "So, you conquer every league and capture every Pokémon to aid you? It's quite astonishing, but I'm curious—what drives your pursuit of completing the Pokédex and capturing all those Pokémon?"

"Initially, I'm sharing Pokémon with Serena, Lillie, and Alice, and we've arranged multiple homes to accommodate them comfortably, allowing ample space for their roaming. As for my aspiration to complete the Pokédex, it's driven by my desire to deepen my connection with the world of Pokémon."

"I see... and what are your plans, considering your travel companions and, presumably, your Professor Oak hasn't betrayed you?" Serena inquires.

"The world remains vast, with regions I've yet to explore, such as Lillie's birthplace, the Alola Region," I reply.

"I'm kinda jealous of you. After the Kalos League, Professor Oak's influence restricted my freedom to explore all regions at will. Consequently, I've spent the last 15 years here in the Sevestar Region. Fortunately, I'm not alone. My siblings, friends, and my beloved wife Serena are all here with me."

"Oh, Ash..." This world's Serena smiles as the world's me hug her from behind, sharing a tender moment. "However, once your innocence was proven, you did manage to visit Alola and several other regions multiple times," Sarah remarks.

"Yes, indeed. Our visits were often prompted by the need to prevent various crises from unfolding," the alternate version of myself sighs. "As for the Team Rocket in your world, do they persist in causing trouble for you?"

"Well, initially, they were causing trouble, but that changed after we dealt with them during our Unova League journey. Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, is no more. As for those three, let's just say we captured Meowth and erased every memory of Jessie and James, allowing them the chance to start anew and become better individuals."

"I see," the alternate version of myself replied. Sarah hesitantly asks, "Um... Dad from another world, if you're okay with it, would you like to have a battle?"

"A battle? I mean, I'm up for it, but may I ask why?" I inquire.

"Just curious to witness your strength," Ruby shrugged. "To see if you're as formidable as our Dad."

"Alright. Charizard!" I called out, summoning my Charizard onto the field. "What rules are we following?"

"One on one," Ruby declared as she sent out her Mawile.

"I see. Mawile... interesting choice," I remarked while using my Mega Glove and evolving my Charizard into Mega Charizard X. Ruby seems to be doing the same and now it is a Mega Mawile.

"Okay, Flamethrower!" I commanded Charizard, but before it could unleash the attack, Mawile's Sucker Punch intercepted, catching Charizard off guard and causing it to recoil before executing the move.

"Now, Earthquake!" I commanded Charizard. As Charizard slammed onto the ground, a powerful tremor caused substantial damage to Mawile.

"Charizard can use Earthquake? Why didn't you do that earlier, Dad?" Sarah asked her own father, who shrugged in response. "Tried it once, but it ended up destroying Mom's garden, so I decided to forget about it," he explained with a sheepish grin.