Chapter 18

With the safety of Growlithe in our minds, Alice, Rei, and I decide not to capture any Pokemon while riding on Basculegion. "Alice, how are you feeling riding Basculegion with me?" I ask.

"I can feel the breeze, it is amazing," Alice says. "But I still can't believe that Basculin will evolve into a Ghost-type like Jellicent."

"Me neither. Only Basculin with white-striped form can evolve into Basculegion, not to mention that its evolution is as annoying as Wyrdeer and Overqwil," Rei remarks.

"But now it is not the time to capture the Basculin," I affirm.

Once we arrive at Firespit Island, Iscan also arrives at the same time. "Whew...Firespit Island...It's certainly hot enough to feel like a sweat bath, isn't it?" Iscan asks. "And now we've got a ghost and bandits to deal with on top of the heat..."

"But we have to go! " Rei says. "We are here to save the Growlithe."

"I'm very sorry, but... do you think you could lead the way? That poor Growlithe...I don't dare imagine what those bandits are doing to him now..." Iscan says.

"Maybe they are much like Team Rocket, just put them inside some sort of bindings and then celebrate on their own," I mutter to myself.

After walking up the volcano, we find a lot of Fire-type Pokemon around there like Magmar, but we decide to ignore them for now as we have a mission to do. Once we reach the lava arena, we see that Gengar is hurting Growlithe, who is still struggling.

"Come on - evolve already!" Charm says.

"We've done our homework! Any Pokemon gutsy enough to come to this lava trap is s'posed to evolve - so get on with it already!" Clover adds.

"You WILL become stronger. Like it or not," Coin says.

"You guys better let that Growlithe go!" I shout as the three bandits notice we are here.

"Oh, look. The pests again," Charm mutters.

"Stand back, sisters - I'll take care of him. Go, Abomasnow! Smash this fool to pieces!" Clover says as she sends out the Pokemon.

Great, she's using the same Pokemon as Candice, I say, "I'll battle you if you want. Go! Quilava! Use Flamethrower!"

I send out the Pokemon and go with the attack because the Fire-type is 4 times super effective towards Grass- and Ice-type. Abomasnow is defeated with ease. At the same time, Quilava evolves and becomes a Typhlosion, but something is not right.

"What the...This isn't the Typhlosion we know," I notice.

"It's a Hisuian Form!" Alice gasps.

Typhlosion (Hisuian Form): The Ghost Flame Pokémon: Fire and Ghost Type. Evolved from Quilava at LV:36. Said to purify lost, forsaken souls with its flames and guide them to the afterlife. I believe its form has been influenced by the energy of the sacred mountain towering at Hisui's center.

"I don't get it! How'd I lose?!" Clover yells as she recalls Abomasnow. "Y'know Abomasnow can't fight at full power in crazy heat like this! It wasn't a fair battle...We were basically goin' easy on you! In fact, how dare you make poor Abomasnow battle in such a stupidly hot place!"

"Excuse me? You're the ones that bring us here," Rei says with annoyance.

"He's right, you're the one who sent out Abomasnow, sister," Coin adds. "Go on, then, Toxicroak. Pour out some poison for our unwelcome guest."

Alice says, "Then I'll battle you with Dartrix!"

After sending out the Pokemon, Alice has Dartrix go for Pluck and defeat Toxicroak with ease. But Toxicroak manages to use Poison Jab to deal super effective damage. After the battle, Dartrix also evolves and it also looks different from the Decudieye we know.