Chapter 26

After climbing the cliff to the top of the Icebound Falls, we find Sabi standing there, waiting for us. "Ash, Rei, and Alice! You made it all the way up here in this cold! But my question is...did you catch me? Or did I let myself get caught? Hmmm?"

I'm at a loss for words, and Sabi continues, "Oooh, and one more thing: Am I even really clairvoyant?"

"You might be?" I decide to answer. Sabi nods, "Hmm. No one but me could really know, right? Anyway, the challenge continues. The next stop of our merry chase is Snowpoint Temple! But the real question here is...am I really having fun playing with you? Or am I bored? Hmmm?"

Then she starts to fly away with Braviary again, much to our annoyance. "We just climbed all the way up here and now she just flew away...like that..." Rei mutters.

"And she's all the way to the Snowpoint Temple..." I mutter. "Snowpoint Temple is close to Lake Acuity, right? I still remember that's where I battled Paul in a six-on-six battle..."

"You mean the one who abandoned Infernape, right?" Alice questions, and I nod.

As we ascend the cliff to reach the Snowpoint Temple, Sabi stands at the entrance and greets us, "Hi, again. Ash, Rei, and Alice! It's nice having someone new out here to play with. Safety in numbers or something like that! Anyway, here's Snowpoint Temple! I've opened the front door for you. Just a little more chasing left for you to do! But the real question here is...am I really having fun playing with you? Or am I bored? Hmmm?"

"That's similar to what she asked back at the Icebound Falls..." Rei mutters as we see her into the temple.

"I heard what Warden Sabi said. If you have Warden Sabi's approval to enter, then, by all means, do so," remarks the Pearl Clan member guarding the door. "But be warned! Those who cannot solve the temple's puzzles won't get very far within."

"How do we solve them?" Alice asks.

"I've heard that the trick is to pay attention to which way the stone statues are looking. Come to think of it, I believe the statues have some sort of patterns on their chests, too."

We nod as we enter the temple. Dodging some Bronzongs on the way, we reach the second floor and spot the statues. Some of them bear the Rock-type symbol, the Ice-type symbol, and the Steel-type Symbol. I remark, "It certainly refers to Regirock, Regice, and Registeel..."

"Isn't Snowpoint Temple where you got Regigigas?" Alice asks.

Rei says, "More like I gave him to stop Hunter E from getting Regigigas."

As we encounter a blocked path by the wall, we notice three panels fitted into the door. Inscribed on the door are some words, "Whither the statues gaze..."

The puzzles prove manageable for us, and we successfully navigate through each one. The first one involves deciphering "Rock, Steel, and Ice." The second one proves trickier, requiring us to locate more statues. The final solution reads: "Ice, Rock, Steel, Rock, Ice." The last puzzle presents an additional challenge, leading to the solution: "Steel, Ice, Rock, Ice, Steel, Rock."

"I wonder what will happen if we get all of them wrong?" Alice asks.

"Probably some traps," I reply. "I'd rather not dwell on that possibility."

After evading the Alpha Gallade on our way, we finally reach the final floor where Sabi awaits us. "I guess I've been caught, so we're nearly done...That's no fun," she remarks.

"All fun should come to an end," I sigh.

"Hey, remember my clairvoyance? It showed me something else," Sabi says. "I saw you flying with Braviary. Do you think that'll come to pass?"