Chapter 1

After returning home from the Kalos Region, our joyous reunion with my friends and family is overshadowed by the absence of Lillie. Concerned, I turn to my dad, asking about Lillie and her family since I haven't seen them since the Unova Region.

"Hey, Dad... do you know what happened to Lillie and her family?" I ask him, and he responses, "I don't know. Have you tried to contact them?"

"I attempted to reach out, but none of them are answering their phones." I explain. "What if something has happened to them?"

"Ash..." Alice is also looking at me with concern, and my Dad says, "I see... Maybe we should pay the Aether Foundation a business."

Just then, a portal opens and a man suddenly walks out. My Mom asks, "Who are you? This is private property!"

"I'm sorry to bother you like this. My name is Phyco and I am the leader of the Ultra Recon Squad." The man named Phyco replies.

My dad says, "The Ultra Recon Squad. I have heard of you before. You are the special organization that hails from the Ultra Metropolis and your main goal is to investigate Ultra Wormholes, and Ultra Beasts, and return the light that was stolen from your home by Necrozma."

"Yes. I'm here on official matters." Phyco explains. "We've had a visitor from your world in a prolonged coma. By tracing her residential energy, we discovered two distinct similarities in this location. That's why I regret any intrusion into your home."

"Residental energy... that means Lillie, right? So you're saying that Lillie is in this Ultra Metropolis?" I ask.

"So her name is Lillie? Well, that simplifies things. I was optimistic that the signs of similarity might aid in waking her up, allowing us to gain a clearer understanding. Consequently, it would be beneficial for you to join us."

I am surprised at what I'm hearing... I'm going to the Ultra Metropolis? A place that is not even in this world and also where Lillie is located? My mom says, "If that's the case, then we should also go as well."

Phyco says, "I regret to inform you that our transport can accommodate only one additional person besides myself, and the choice is between the young lady there and the gentleman here."

I say, "Mom, Dad. Don't worry about me. I think it is fine for me..."

My mom suddenly says, "Do you believe everything will go smoothly? As a member of the International Police, have you taken the time to review the files on the term 'Faller'? Going there implies you'll become a Faller, and upon your return, you'll be a vulnerable target for Ultra Beasts, the most perilous Pokémon in the world."

"If that happens, I can protect myself. I'm the Champion of six regions, I've already been through two Kalos crises made by Team Flare, and also the world-ending crisis with Hoopa! This is not going to stop me."

My Dad says, "Aurora, words can't hold back human curiosity. I am not going to stop you from going, Ash. However, before you go, I want you to create a Double Team of yourself in this world, is that okay with you?"

"A double team of myself? Are you sure it will be fine and nothing else will happen?" I ask.

"If something's going to happen, Dia and Palmer are already suffering that." My Dad says, and that's when Dia and Palmer show up. "Did you call our names, Dad?"

Palmer notices Phyco and says, "Captain Phyco! Long time no see."

"Palmer. It's a pleasure to see you here in this world as well." Phyco says while they shake hands.

"So what brings you here to my house? And it seems you're having a conversation with my parents and my brother here." Palmer asks.

"Wait, you know him, Palmer?" I ask with surprise.