Chapter 11

We finally return to Jubilife Village, and Volo is already waiting for us here. Volo says, looking directly at me. "I see the light fading into the sky. You must have quelled the lord Pokemon!"

He also notices the Insect Plate and the Mind Plate in my possession. "And what do you have there? Could it be...? Ah! Those are two of the fabled plates of old! Please, let me have a look!" Volo exclaims, his eyes fixated on the items I am carrying.

I show the two plates and Volo says, "I see, there are some letters carved into them."

"We already know that. I can read them as well," I say. "This one says, 'Where all creation was born, that is the being's place of origin.'"

"It seems to be a phrase from a very old myth. How did you come across these?" Volo asks me.

"We were given the plates by Wyrdeer and Kleavor," Rei says, trying to hide the fact of me being the reckless one dropping those plates around the Hisui Region.

"That's quite something, indeed! My heart is practically racing with excitement!" Volo exclaims. "It is my guess that you will find more plates like these scattered across Hisui! If we were to gather them all and decipher the scripts on them, we may uncover something absolutely amazing! The mysteries of the past! Oh, how they tickle my curiosity! What a joy to be alive in such times! Well, I must be on my way. Until next time!"

After Volo leaves, Rei, Alice, and I just shrug, puzzled by what just happened.

After entering the Galaxy Hall, we head to the third floor and find Kamado, who hears the news and says, "Hrrm. Well done! I have already received the reports of your exploits. You successfully quelled Kleavor's frenzy, restoring peace of mind to Hisui's people. You are strangers to us - ones who fell out of the very sky. Yet you have served the Galaxy Team admirably. I admit you have earned yourselves some degree of recognition."

We are delighted to hear what Kamado says, and he adds, "But things are not settled yet; I've received word that there are other Pokemon nobles falling prey to such frenzies elsewhere in Hisui. So carry on with your research and survey duties, and prove that you truly are an asset to us! That is all. You are dismissed. Your fellow Survey Corps members are likely at the Wallflower. Go and join them."

We nod as we head to the Wallflower with Akari and Laventon. Laventon says, "Beni, old chum, the usual order! Five servings of potato mochi, please! Oh, and if there's anything else that you'd recommend, by all means, bring it out!"

"The whole village is gossiping up a storm about our young friends here, you know," Beni smiles. "They've got quite some luck to have come back unharmed after facing off against that Kleavor."

"Well, we did sustain some minor injuries," I say. "But we were well prepared."

"And they were a quick study of how Kleavor moved in battle, from what I heard!" Laventon says. "All in all, it was a very good show! A victory well earned!"

"We can feel safer going about our Survey Corps duties now, thanks to your efforts," Akari says. "Oh, by the way - why not try crafting some of these? I made the recipe based on directions Beni gave me."

We are given the recipe of Smoke Bombs, which are made from a Caster Fern Leaf and a Sootfoot Root. Laventon says, "Lovely! And now that we need not worry about being mauled by Kleavor, either...Let's take our chance to study all the Pokemon that call the Obsidian Fieldlands their home!"

"Well, Professor, you did see our Pokedex, we've found all of the Pokemon we can find in the Obsidian Fieldlands. The only left is their evolutions," Rei says.

"I know, by the way, it seems that Captain Cyllene is already taking a rest, so you should try to talk to her to gain another rank tomorrow," Laventon says.