Chapter 29

While we're residing at my home in an alternate dimension, my mother has been incredibly generous, offering me numerous possessions and items that my alternate self has accumulated over the years.

The world's Alice and I are proud parents of two children named Chase and Elaine. Currently, both of them are embarking on their own journeys in the Kanto Region, likely challenging the gyms as part of their adventure. I'm eager to meet them, but I don't believe it's possible unless they've returned to Pallet Town during our stay. I've heard that Chase chose a Pikachu, while Elaine opted for an Eevee as their companion.

In the world where my siblings and I reside, there are numerous similarities. Unfortunately, it seems that I have been repeatedly betrayed or falsely accused, often for reasons that seem utterly absurd.

Mark has been employed at a resort where the owners have been abusive, going to extreme lengths such as attempting to submerge him underwater inside a coffin. Good thing that it doesn't happen in our world.

For Minami, it seems her experiences varied drastically between worlds. In one scenario, she was either kidnapped by Team Rocket or, in this reality, considered Giovanni's daughter before being adopted into our family. Shockingly, she endured abuse for the sake of others' pleasure and was even subjected to confinement in a stasis tank due to her aura powers.

Golly tragically met her demise at the age of 4, an occurrence that seems unfortunately common in the worlds we inhabit. However, instead of manifesting as a ghostly figure attempting to lure unfortunate souls into the spirit realm, she transforms into a monstrous entity known as 'Burying Alive' within the Pokemon Tower.

Trenor was sent to an orphanage, enduring neglect and bullying from others. The reason we encountered him in this dimension is because he desired to witness the Pokemon riding race.

Insey was wrongly framed as the 'Bug Witch' by a couple of Pokemon poachers simply because she refused to assist them in their illicit activities. The strangeness of this situation is amplified by the fact that the residents of Pallet Town harbor a fear of her, despite the unjust nature of the accusations made against her.

Regarding Lillie and Gladion, Lillie was deeply perplexed by her mother's unfortunate encounter with toxins produced by Nihilego, which resulted in her mother's obsession with the Ultra Beasts.

I inquire, "What did you discover after reading that article?"

Lillie responds, "It appears that, much like the world where you were wrongly accused of killing your own mother, my mother also succumbed due to the effects of the Nihilego Toxins. You, Tox, and Alice attempted to save her, but she declined the treatment."

I inquire, "What makes Nihilego Toxins so unique?"

Lillie explains, "I've asked Captain Phyco about that because he's the leader of the Ultra Recon Squad and he should know more about the Ultra Beasts. The Nihilego Toxins possess a peculiar and potent effect on those they come into contact with. They seem to induce a state of obsession or fixation on the Ultra Beasts, altering one's behavior and priorities drastically. It's a dangerous substance that can have profound and unpredictable effects on individuals."

"Well, it sounds like some kind of drug. Once affected, it's hard to break free from its influence. Do you believe your mother might have been affected by this in our world too?" I inquire.

Lillie responds, "I don't believe so. Ever since we thought our father was gone, she has held a deep dislike for Ultra Beasts and has actively sought ways to counter their presence. Despite this, she still maintains a playful and loving relationship with us, until the day she argued with Gladion about Silvally..."