Chapter 38

It has been a day since we successfully captured Dialga and Palkia in our mission to save the world. Despite our achievement, we are aware that the Pokedex remains incomplete, lacking essential plates such as the Fist Plate, Stone Plate, Spooky Plate, Iron Plate, Draco Plate, Dread Plate, and Pixie Plate.

As the nine-star rank members, we step outside our quarters. Akari greets us, saying, "Good morning, Ash, Alice, and Rei. It looks like the space-time rift has vanished...The sky's gone back to normal again. Which I suppose means we'd better get back to our original mission: completing the Pokedex."

"Agreed," I nod.

"We're going to meet in the Survey Corps office to discuss our next steps. See you there soon, Ash, Alice, and Rei," Akari says, rushing towards the Galaxy Hall.

Alice suggests, "Should we inform her that we've already cataloged all the normal Pokémon?"

"Might as well, since we're now focused on Legendary and Mythical Pokémon," Rei replies.

In the Galaxy Hall, Cyllene addresses the three of us. "So. I trust you enjoyed yourself at the festival."

"We had a great time," I respond.

"Indeed. That only seems natural, given the crowd," Cyllene notes.

"I believe last night was the first time I've caught a glimpse of you making merry, Captain!" Laventon teases Cyllene.

"I believe you must be imagining things. Now, Professor Laventon, to business. What is the current state of progress on the Pokedex?" Cyllene asks.

"I daresay we've made quite significant progress, all in all. Though we could afford to put a little more effort into our research tasks... And of course, it is hard to know how far to go in pursuit of some reports. Certain Pokemon have only been mentioned in Hisui's legends, after all. Who knows if they are even real!" Laventon explains.

"With how little we know about Hisui's history and legends, it seems a tall order for us to tackle..." Akari adds.

"Pardon! Couldn't help but overhear!" Volo enters the hall. "If it's Hisuian history and legends you want, then I'm your man!"

"Volo?" We're surprised to see him.

"Why, I've spent plenty of time studying such things instead of - Ahem. I mean while also tirelessly doing my work for the Ginkgo Guild. And I've visited many of the ruins and whatnot here in the Hisui region already! I imagine I could teach you a thing or two about any Pokemon of legend in these parts!" Volo boasts.

"Oho! Music to my ears, my good fellow," Laventon nods.

"Listen well, Ash, Alice, and Rei. You are to learn all you can from the merchant Volo and work together as needed. For the sake of the Pokedex. We, meanwhile, will also continue to gather intelligence on Pokemon by other means," Cyllene instructs.

"Understood! I'll set up at the Heights Camp, then. Ash, Alice, Rei, I'll be expecting you! Besides, I've something I'd like to discuss with you too, so I hope you won't keep me waiting," Volo says as he departs.

Upon our arrival, we find Volo standing before the rock where Wyrdeer was previously located when we first encountered him. Volo eagerly beckons us over, exclaiming, "There you are! Have a look here, if you will. A good, long, close look, please!"

As we examine the rock, we notice familiar patterns, resembling the hieroglyphs we encountered in the Cobalt Coastlands while seeking Manaphy on a quest from Professor Laventon.

"See these patterns modeled after Pokemon? I've come to think that they might be letters - rather like hieroglyphs, if you will. I've inspected ruins across the region and have concluded that they all seem to tell the same tale. The tale of a brave soul who, together with the Pokemon at his side, went on a journey to search for the fragments of an all-encompassing deity."