Everyone's Own Thoughts

"She disappeared?" A man asks, not daring to look over at the female that sat outside his door.

"Yes, uhh... It's Zenko, the one with yellow hair. We put her in bed since she was unconscious, but now she's not in the room... Should we look for her?" The female asks.

"No!! Enough, don't look. She's 'lost her footing'. I have no clue!! She probably ran off somewhere. Leave her be!!" He answered.

"But, master..." The female begins to scream out in fear as the man throws something in her direction.

"Shut up!! Go away!! Don't speak of Zenko ever again!! Tell that to everyone as well. It's because they did something to tick off Warabihime-oiran. Both Zenko and O-Mitsu."

✧˖*°࿐

"Like I'm saying, there's a demon at my place! This is what it was like! I'm sure!" Inosuke exclaimed as he posed in front of Tanjiro.

"Well... Yeah, well uh... Just hold up a bit," Tanjiro says.

Inosuke then puts his hands together. "Like this!? Can you tell if I do this!?" He shouts.

"I think Uzui-san and Zenitsu will come here for our regular meet-up..." Tanjiro replied as he tried to calm down Inosuke.

"It was like this! I know that much."

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Zenitsu's not coming," Uzui says, surprising the duo behind him.

'This guy... Is impressive. He never made a sound... The wind never even swayed...' Inosuke thought.

"What do you mean by Zenitsu isn't coming?" Tanjiro nervously asks.

"I think I put you guys in terrible danger. The desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave mental error. Zenitsu's whereabouts are currently unknown. He stopped contacting me last night. You two, get out of here now. Your ranks are way too low. If the demon here is an 'Upper Moon', you can't deal with them. I will regard people who have stopped sending me letters as dead. From here on, I will move on my own," Uzui says as he stands up.

'If only (Y/n) was here... If only he was awake.' Uzui thought.

"No, Uzui-san! We...!!" Tanjiro tried to explain.

Uzui looks at the two teenagers in the corner of his eyes. "Don't be ashamed. Winners stay alive. Don't mess this opportunity up," he states.

"Hold it, old man!!" Inosuke shouts just to be ignored as Uzui disappears.

"Maybe he didn't believe us because we're members of the lowest class..." Tanjiro muttered.

"We're currently at the Kanoe rank right now. We're higher up now. The fourth lowest on the chain," Inosuke suddenly says.

Tanjiro looks at his friend in surprise. "Huh?"

"Show us our ranks!" Inosuke ordered before closing his hand into a tight fist.

A ranking appears on Inosuke's fist to show what he was talking about to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro stares in disbelief.

"Wasn't your hand all itchy in the wisteria mountains?" Inosuke asks.

"I remember feeling an itch, but I was tired... I didn't know about this..." Tanjiro says as he looks down at his hand.

Inosuke slaps a hand on Tanjiro's shoulder. "Cheer up!"

"Yeah, now's not the time. My bad. When night falls, I'll head to the Ogimoto House, where you'll be. Wait for me until then. Acting alone will be dangerous," Tanjiro replied. "Today, I'll finish investigating the house I'm currently in."